Wednesday, 3 July 2019
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Leas-Cheann Comhairle i gceannas ar 9.30 a.m.
- Ceisteanna - Questions - Ceisteanna ar Sonraíodh Uain Dóibh - Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Beef Industry (12 speeches)
44. To ask the Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine his views on the criteria set down in the EU Commission implementing regulation providing temporary exceptional adjustment aid to...
- Beef Data and Genomics Programme (7 speeches)
45. To ask the Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine the underspend in the beef data genomics scheme; his plans for the funds; the number of farmers who have withdrawn from the scheme;...
- Trade Agreements (7 speeches)
46. To ask the Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine the position on the latest Mercosur talks; the steps he is taking to protect farmers by ensuring beef will not form part of a final...
- Knackery Industry (7 speeches)
48. To ask the Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine the controls his Department exercise over the intake register of category 1, 2 and 3 knackeries; the controls that exist to oversee...
- Ceisteanna Eile - Other Questions (0 speeches)
- Beef Industry (25 speeches)
Deputy Carey has permission from Deputy Heydon to introduce his question.
- Felling Licences (9 speeches)
51. To ask the Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine the number of tree felling licences issued in each year since 2014, the number of trees felled in each year, the proposed contribution...
- Beef Industry (5 speeches)
52. To ask the Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine his plans to reduce the suckler cow herd to facilitate the expansion of the dairy herd; and if he will make a statement on the matter....
- Beef Exports (8 speeches)
55. To ask the Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine the potential opportunities for the beef sector in recently opened markets and in the context of trade deals negotiated at EU level in...
- Sheepmeat Sector (7 speeches)
57. To ask the Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine the opportunities for sheepmeat in the Japanese market; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [28268/19]
- Common Agricultural Policy Negotiations (7 speeches)
59. To ask the Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine the actions he is taking at EU level to ensure the proposed budget cuts for the 2021-2027 CAP programme are reversed; and if he will...
- Climate Change Adaptation Plans (4 speeches)
We have a short amount of time left before we commence another important debate. Deputy McLoughlin was to take Deputy Deering's Question No. 61. I propose that he will forego the initial...
- EU-Mercosur Trade Agreement: Statements (18 speeches)
As Members will know, the agreement reached last Friday was arrived at following 20 years of negotiations. First and foremost, it is important to acknowledge how vital international trade deals...
- Ceisteanna ó Cheannairí - Leaders' Questions (69 speeches)
The housing crisis is deepening and Government efforts are failing to impact significantly on it. The cost of housing is growing at twice the rate of average earnings across the country. Rent...
- Ceisteanna ar Reachtaíocht a Gealladh - Questions on Promised Legislation (138 speeches)
I have a long list of Deputies. I ask all Members to observe the time limit of 30 seconds. I call Deputy Micheál Martin.
- Health (Amendment) (No. 2) Bill 2019: First Stage (5 speeches)
I move:That leave be granted to introduce a Bill entitled an Act to amend the Health Act 2007 to enable the Health Information and Quality Authority (HIQA) to enforce national standards in...
- Merchant Shipping (Investigation of Marine Casualties) (Amendment) Bill 2019: First Stage (5 speeches)
I move:That leave be granted to introduce a Bill entitled an Act to amend the Merchant Shipping (Investigation of Marine Casualties) Act 2000, to revise the requirements for composition of the...
- Death of Former Member: Expressions of Sympathy (29 speeches)
We will move to expressions of sympathy on the death of our former colleague, Mark Killilea. Before calling the leaders of the parties, I have the pleasure and the opportunity to express my...
- Ceisteanna (Atógáil) - Questions (Resumed) (0 speeches)
- Cabinet Committee Meetings (25 speeches)
1. To ask the Taoiseach the number of times Cabinet committee E, health, has met in 2019; and when it last met. [25595/19]
- Cabinet Committee Meetings (15 speeches)
5. To ask the Taoiseach when Cabinet committee D, infrastructure, last met; and when it will next meet. [25593/19]
- Ábhair Shaincheisteanna Tráthúla - Topical Issue Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 29A and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Frank O'Rourke - to...
- Saincheisteanna Tráthúla - Topical Issue Debate (0 speeches)
- Health Services Provision (4 speeches)
I thank the Office of the Ceann Comhairle for selecting this matter and the Minister of State, Deputy Jim Daly, for coming in to take it. This is about dental services and occupational therapy...
- Long Stay Residential Units (11 speeches)
This is not the first time I have raised this issue on the floor of the Dáil. The Leas-Cheann Comhairle and I have continually raised it with the Minister of State for a number of years....
- Trade Union Recognition (23 speeches)
The next Topical Issue matter is in the names of Deputies Ó Caoláin, Pringle and Collins. The Deputies have one minute each, by way of introduction.
- Schools Building Projects Status (4 speeches)
I thank the Minister for attending this important Topical Issue debate. The relocation of Curraghmore national school in Mullingar should be a good news story for the locality. However, it has...
- Cork Mail Centre: Motion [Private Members] (30 speeches)
I move:That Dáil Éireann:notes:— the decision by An Post to close the Cork mail centre by March 2020 with the loss of 240 jobs; — the devastating effect this decision...
- Message from Seanad (1 speech)
Seanad Éireann has passed the Civil Law (Presumption of Death) Bill 2016 without amendment.
- Message from Select Committee (1 speech)
The Select Committee on Health has completed its consideration of the CervicalCheck Tribunal Bill 2019 and has made amendments thereto.
- Parole Bill 2016: Motion to Recommit (1 speech)
I move:That Dáil Éireann, pursuant to Standing Order 157(1) of the Standing Orders relative to Public Business, directs that the Parole Bill 2016 in whole be recommitted to a Committee...
- Parole Bill 2016: Report Stage (98 speeches)
I understand that all parties are anxious to have this Bill enacted before the recess. Since we are recommitting it, the Deputies might consider a timeframe that is not open-ended. Strictly...
- Visit of British Delegation (1 speech)
I welcome the Rt. Hon. Greg Hands, MP, from Westminster, who is in the Distinguished Visitors Gallery with the Minister of State, Deputy Pat Breen.
- Parole Bill 2016: Report Stage (Resumed) (36 speeches)
- Parole Bill 2016: Fifth Stage (14 speeches)
Question proposed: “That the Bill do now pass.”
- Local Government (Rates) Bill 2018: Order for Report Stage (1 speech)
I move: "That Report Stage be taken now."
- Local Government (Rates) Bill 2018: Report and Final Stages (57 speeches)
Amendments Nos. 1, 9 to 11, inclusive, 13, 14, and 19 to 21, inclusive, are related and may be discussed together.