Wednesday, 10 July 2019
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Leas-Cheann Comhairle i gceannas ar 09.30
- Ceisteanna - Questions - Ceisteanna ar Sonraíodh Uain Dóibh - Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Affordable Childcare Scheme Implementation (9 speeches)
48. To ask the Minister for Children and Youth Affairs the status of the implementation of the affordable childcare scheme. [30422/19]
- School Completion Programme (7 speeches)
49. To ask the Minister for Children and Youth Affairs her plans to expand the school completion programme, SCP; and if she will make a statement on the matter. [29679/19]
- Childcare Services Regulation (7 speeches)
50. To ask the Minister for Children and Youth Affairs her Department’s commitment to devise more appropriate Tusla registration standards for childminders; and if she will make a...
- Recreational Facilities Provision (7 speeches)
51. To ask the Minister for Children and Youth Affairs the funding applied for and allocated to the local authority in County Tipperary under the capital grant scheme for play and recreation in...
- Childcare Services (7 speeches)
52. To ask the Minister for Children and Youth Affairs if her Department will carry out an assessment of the impact of the forthcoming national childcare scheme on lone-parent families. [30421/19]
- Ceisteanna Eile - Other Questions (0 speeches)
- Family Resource Centres (7 speeches)
53. To ask the Minister for Children and Youth Affairs if her attention has been drawn to the staffing shortages that exist within many family resource centres; and if she will make a statement...
- Irish Language (9 speeches)
54. To ask the Minister for Children and Youth Affairs her policy on the promotion of the Irish language in all State subsidised childcare facilities; and if she will make a statement on the...
- Child Abuse Prevention (7 speeches)
55. To ask the Minister for Children and Youth Affairs the extent to which all cases of suspected child abuse over the past three years have been fully investigated and cleared to the extent that...
- Child Abuse Reports (7 speeches)
56. To ask the Minister for Children and Youth Affairs if she is satisfied with the progress made within Tusla further to the report of the national review panel, NRP, of December 2018 into the...
- Youth Services Funding (9 speeches)
57. To ask the Minister for Children and Youth Affairs the extent to which she or bodies under her aegis remain in contact with various youth groups nationally in the context of meeting their...
- Childcare Services Regulation (7 speeches)
Deputy Rabbitte kindly offered to forgo this question to allow Deputy Browne's Question No. 60 to be taken, but we will get all three in if everyone co-operates. Perhaps Deputy Rabbitte and the...
- Childcare Services Administration (7 speeches)
59. To ask the Minister for Children and Youth Affairs if her attention has been drawn to the difficulties for certain parents arising from the national childcare scheme, for example, parents on...
- Childcare Services Provision (6 speeches)
60. To ask the Minister for Children and Youth Affairs her plans to develop targeted supports for children in County Wexford in need of childcare whose parents are not available for work; and if...
- State Ex Gratia Scheme: Statements (25 speeches)
Sexual abuse against children, whether in residential institutions, day schools or any other setting, is appalling. So too is the legacy of that abuse and the failure of the State to act,...
- CervicalCheck Tribunal Bill 2019: Order for Report Stage (1 speech)
I move: "That Report Stage be taken now."
- CervicalCheck Tribunal Bill 2019: Report Stage (46 speeches)
I move amendment No. 1:In page 6, between lines 16 and 17, to insert the following:“ “establishment day” shall be construed in accordance with section 4;”. It is a...
- Ceisteanna ó Cheannairí - Leaders' Questions (48 speeches)
Our Defence Forces are key to our democracy and security. We are an island nation and therefore our naval services in particular are important for patrolling and protecting our seas, resources...
- Ceisteanna ar Reachtaíocht a Gealladh - Questions on Promised Legislation (84 speeches)
I ask Members to preface their questions with specific references to promised legislation or the programme for Government.
- Curragh of Kildare (Amendment) Bill 2019: First Stage (5 speeches)
I move:That leave be granted to introduce a Bill entitled an Act to amend the Curragh of Kildare Act 1961 to make provision for the management and use of the Curragh whereby the Minister may...
- Social Welfare Consolidation Act 2005 (Specified Bodies) Regulations 2019: Motion (1 speech)
I move:That Dáil Éireann approves the following Regulations in draft:Social Welfare Consolidation Act 2005 (Specified Bodies) Regulations 2019,a copy of which was laid in draft form...
- Ceisteanna (Atógáil) - Questions (Resumed) (3 speeches)
We move to questions to the Taoiseach.
- European Council Meetings (51 speeches)
1. To ask the Taoiseach if he will report on his attendance at the June 2019 European Council meeting. [26282/19]
- Climate Action Plan (64 speeches)
13. To ask the Taoiseach if he will report on the role of his Department in delivering the Climate Action Plan 2019 and his plans for a climate action delivery board. [26283/19]
- Ábhair Shaincheisteanna Tráthúla - Topical Issue Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 29A and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy John Lahart - to discuss...
- Saincheisteanna Tráthúla - Topical Issue Debate (0 speeches)
- Air Quality (4 speeches)
I thank the Minister of State, Deputy Doyle, for his attendance. The Environmental Protection Agency, EPA, raised issues about the level of nitrogen dioxide in Dublin's air, which hit the...
- Mental Health Services (26 speeches)
Ar an gcéad dul síos ba mhaith liom buíochas a ghabháil don Leas-Cheann Comhairle. I thank the Leas-Cheann Comhairle for allowing me the opportunity to raise this sad and...
- Suicide Prevention (4 speeches)
In the past few weeks, and indeed years, there has been a surge of suicides in the Ballyfermot and Cherry Orchard area, in particular, but also across the State as a whole. There have been more...
- Job Losses (7 speeches)
The next Topical Issue matter is in the names of Deputies Dooley and Carey. They will have two minutes each for introductory remarks. The Minister will then have four minutes, with a further...
- EU-Mercosur Trade Agreement: Motion [Private Members] (48 speeches)
I move:That Dáil Éireann: notes:— that the EU-Mercosur Trade Agreement negotiated by the European Commission is a bad deal for Ireland and for the planet; — that the...
- Message from Seanad (1 speech)
Seanad Éireann has passed the Local Government Rates and Other Matters Bill 2018, without amendment.
- CervicalCheck Tribunal Bill 2019: Report Stage (Resumed) and Final Stage (125 speeches)
Before the adjournment there was a question about amendment No. 8, which has been ruled out of order. It deserves an explanation. Amendment No. 8 has exactly the same wording as the amendment...
- Redress for Women Resident in Certain Institutions (Amendment) Bill 2019 [Seanad]: Second and Subsequent Stages (8 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." I am pleased to present the Redress for Women Resident in Certain Institutions (Amendment) Bill 2019. The purpose of this Bill is to amend the...
- Coroners (Amendment) Bill 2018: From the Seanad (22 speeches)
The Dáil went into Committee to consider amendments from the Seanad.
- Message from Select Committee (1 speech)
The Select Committee on Justice and Equality has completed its consideration of the Gaming and Lotteries (Amendment) Bill 2019 and has made no amendments thereto.
- Qualifications and Quality Assurance (Education and Training) (Amendment) Bill 2018 [Seanad]: Committee and Remaining Stages (44 speeches)
Sections 1 to 22, inclusive, agreed to.
- Criminal Justice (International Co-operation) Bill 2019: Second Stage (10 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." I am pleased to present the Bill to the House. This important legislation will further advance the commitment on the part of the Government...
- Criminal Justice (International Co-operation) Bill 2019: Committee Stage (10 speeches)
Sections 1 and 2 agreed to.