Wednesday, 27 March 2019
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Leas-Cheann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Message from Select Committee (1 speech)
The Select Committee on Agriculture, Food and the Marine has concluded its consideration of the Greyhound Racing Bill 2018 and has made no amendments thereto.
- Ceisteanna - Questions - Ceisteanna ar Sonraíodh Uain Dóibh - Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- National Broadband Plan (23 speeches)
The first question is in the name of Deputy Dooley, who has 30 seconds to introduce it.
- Online Safety (7 speeches)
48. To ask the Minister for Communications, Climate Action and Environment the timeline for the establishment of the office of digital safety commissioner; and if he will make a statement on the...
- Post Office Network (7 speeches)
49. To ask the Minister for Communications, Climate Action and Environment the position regarding the future of An Post retail and mail delivery and sorting businesses in the context of the...
- Ceisteanna Eile - Other Questions (0 speeches)
Question No. 51 answered after Question No. 55.
- European Council Meetings (9 speeches)
55. To ask the Minister for Communications, Climate Action and Environment the position taken by Ireland at the recent EU Energy and Environment Councils on 4 and 5 March 2019 on the European...
- Climate Change Policy (7 speeches)
51. To ask the Minister for Communications, Climate Action and Environment his plans to revise the 2017 national mitigation plan under the Climate Action and Low Carbon Development Act 2015 to...
- Cyber Security Policy (7 speeches)
56. To ask the Minister for Communications, Climate Action and Environment the status of his consultation on the draft guidelines for operators of essential services in the State; the changes...
- Exploration Licences Applications (19 speeches)
We will move on to Question No. 57 in the name of Deputy Bríd Smith. I understand the Minister of State is taking Questions Nos. 57 and 58 together.
- Exploration Licences Approvals (18 speeches)
58. To ask the Minister for Communications, Climate Action and Environment if the issuing of further licences for exploration will be halted in view of the worsening climate crisis evidenced by...
- Waste Disposal (7 speeches)
59. To ask the Minister for Communications, Climate Action and Environment his plans to consider introducing a mattress and armchair amnesty across the State as an anti-dumping initiative. [14004/19]
- National Broadband Plan (6 speeches)
Deputy Timmy Dooley has been given permission to take Question No. 62 in the name of Deputy Ó Cuív.
- Bioenergy Strategy Implementation (9 speeches)
64. To ask the Minister for Communications, Climate Action and Environment his plans to consider introducing a support to develop biogas here as an indigenous source of renewable power. [14005/19]
- Waste Disposal (3 speeches)
65. To ask the Minister for Communications, Climate Action and Environment his plans to assist county councils deal with incidents of illegal dumping and fly tipping; and if he will make a...
- Ceisteanna ó Cheannairí - Leaders' Questions (86 speeches)
As we ran badly over time yesterday, I appeal to Deputies to adhere to the time set by the House.
- Ceisteanna ar Reachtaíocht a Gealladh - Questions on Promised Legislation (49 speeches)
Before I speak on the issue, I express my sympathies to the family of Laura Brennan, an exemplar in public health, to her parents Bernie and Larry, to her brothers Colin, Fergal and Kevin, and to...
- Prohibition of Bogus Self Employment Bill 2019: First Stage (5 speeches)
I move:That leave be granted to introduce a Bill entitled an Act to prohibit employers deliberately designating an employee as self-employed. I am happy to introduce the Bill, which is designed...
- Pensionable Age Task Force Bill 2019: First Stage (5 speeches)
I move:That leave be granted to introduce a Bill entitled an Act to provide for the establishment of the Pensionable Age Task Force which shall consider and make recommendations on the...
- Civil Registration Bill 2019: Instruction to Committee (1 speech)
I move:That, pursuant to Standing Order 154, it shall be an instruction to the Committee to which the Civil Registration Bill 2019 may be recommitted in respect of certain amendments to provide...
- Ceisteanna (Atógáil) - Questions (Resumed) (0 speeches)
- EU Summits (49 speeches)
1. To ask the Taoiseach if he will report on his attendance at the EU-League of Arab States summit in Egypt. [9684/19]
- Public Consultation Process (27 speeches)
9. To ask the Taoiseach if he will report on the public consultations under way or planned by his Department for 2019. [10478/19]
- Taoiseach's Meetings and Engagements (44 speeches)
12. To ask the Taoiseach if he will report on his meeting in Egypt with Prime Minister May and her comments regarding a deal being done on the EU withdrawal treaty by 29 March 2019. [10589/19]
- Post-European Council Meetings: Statements (44 speeches)
I attended a series of meetings of the European Council in Brussels on Thursday and Friday, 21 and 22 March. Our discussions on Brexit took place on the Thursday, first with Prime Minister May...
- Ábhair Shaincheisteanna Tráthúla - Topical Issue Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 29A and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Mary Butler - to discuss...
- Estimates for Public Services 2019: Message from Select Committee (0 speeches)
The Select Committee on Employment Affairs and Social Protection has completed its consideration of the following Revised Estimate for Public Services for the year ending 31 December, 2019 - Vote...
- Saincheisteanna Tráthúla - Topical Issue Debate (0 speeches)
- Home Loan Scheme (5 speeches)
The first topical issue is in the name of Deputy Mary Butler, who wishes to discuss Rebuilding Ireland home loan finance for Waterford City and County Council.
- UK Driving Licences (11 speeches)
Topical Issue matter No. 2 is in the names of Deputies Sherlock and Fitzmaurice.
- Organised Crime (9 speeches)
Gabhaim buíochas leis an gCeann Comhairle as an deis a thabhairt dom labhairt faoin ábhar seo anocht. Táim an-sásta an tAire a fheiceáil anseo. I raise with him the...
- Small and Medium Enterprises Supports (6 speeches)
Gabhaim mile buíochas leis an Cheann Comhairle. Small businesses are under significant pressure. Foreign direct investment is seen as the glamorous part of the Government's enterprise...
- Beef Sector: Motion (42 speeches)
I move:That Dáil Éireann:notes that: — current beef prices are in the €3.75-€3.85 per kilogram range, which is below the cost of production; — suckler...
- Aircraft Noise (Dublin Airport) Regulation Bill 2018: Report Stage (Resumed) and Final Stage (70 speeches)
Amendment Nos. 86, 89 and 93 are related and will be discussed together.
- Estimates for Public Services 2019: Message from Select Committee (1 speech)
The Select Committee on Business, Enterprise and Innovation has completed its consideration of the following Revised Estimates for the public service for the service of the year ending on 31...
- Civil Registration Bill 2019: Order for Report Stage (1 speech)
I move: "That Report Stage be taken now."
- Civil Registration Bill 2019: Report and Final Stages (7 speeches)
Amendments Nos. 1, 3, 5 and 6 are related. Amendments Nos. 1, 5 and 6 are consequential on amendment No. 3 so amendments Nos. 1, 3, 5 and 6 will be discussed together.