Wednesday, 7 November 2018
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Leas-Cheann Comhairle i gceannas ar 9.30 a.m.
- Structural Assessments of Schools: Statements (83 speeches)
I call on the Minister for Education and Skills, Deputy Joe McHugh, to make his statement. He has ten minutes.
- Ceisteanna - Questions - Ceisteanna ar Sonraíodh Uain Dóibh - Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Youth Services Provision (7 speeches)
1. To ask the Minister for Children and Youth Affairs if her attention has been drawn to Tusla's decision to terminate its service level agreement with a programme (details supplied) in County...
- Aftercare Services (7 speeches)
2. To ask the Minister for Children and Youth Affairs if additional resources are being provided to Tusla to provide aftercare supports, including housing and education supports, for young...
- Affordable Childcare Scheme Implementation (7 speeches)
3. To ask the Minister for Children and Youth Affairs the status of the implementation of the affordable childcare scheme; the date by which the information and communications technology system...
- Child and Family Agency Funding (10 speeches)
4. To ask the Minister for Children and Youth Affairs if the necessary funds will be made available to an organisation (details supplied) in order that it can continue to offer both the...
- Youth Services (7 speeches)
5. To ask the Minister for Children and Youth Affairs the way in which voluntary youth work can be supported in view of the considerable demands on voluntary boards and volunteering. [45787/18]
- Ceisteanna Eile - Other Questions (1 speech)
Parliamentary Question No. 6 is in the name of Deputy Coppinger. Unfortunately the Deputy cannot be here and she sends her apologies.
- Departmental Funding (8 speeches)
7. To ask the Minister for Children and Youth Affairs the extent to which she remains satisfied regarding the adequacy of the budget available to cater for the full extent of her Department's...
- Youth Services Funding (8 speeches)
8. To ask the Minister for Children and Youth Affairs the number of youth projects established under the single targeted youth funding programme to date; the details of each project; the location...
- Mother and Baby Homes Inquiries (8 speeches)
9. To ask the Minister for Children and Youth Affairs the timeline for the beginning of excavation works at the site of the former mother and baby home at Tuam; the draft legislation required to...
- Children in Care (7 speeches)
10. To ask the Minister for Children and Youth Affairs further to Question No. 1165 of 7 September 2018, if the report of the national review panel, NRP, which commenced in 2016, on three cases...
- Child and Family Agency (7 speeches)
11. To ask the Minister for Children and Youth Affairs when the oversight group to ensure recommendations contained in a report (details supplied) was established; the membership of the group;...
- Family Resource Centres (7 speeches)
12. To ask the Minister for Children and Youth Affairs the new role of family resource centres under the auspices of Tusla in providing services to families and children experiencing...
- Commissions of Investigation (7 speeches)
13. To ask the Minister for Children and Youth Affairs if she will consider the recommendations made in a report (details supplied) for the commission to hold hearings in public and provide a...
- Ceisteanna ó Cheannairí - Leaders' Questions (27 speeches)
It is now nearly two years since the Minister for Health, Deputy Harris, promised to establish a compassionate access scheme for the medicinal use of cannabis in certain circumstances and for...
- Ceisteanna ar Reachtaíocht a Gealladh - Questions on Promised Legislation (129 speeches, 1 comment)
I already have 20 Deputies offering. I ask Members please to adhere to the time limit, which is one minute per question.
- Just Transition (Worker and Community Environmental Rights) Bill 2018: First Stage (9 speeches)
I move:That leave be granted to introduce a Bill entitled an Act to provide for the establishment of a body to be known as An Coimisiún Náisiúnta um Thrasdul Cóir or, in the...
- Ábhair Shaincheisteanna Tráthúla - Topical Issue Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 29A and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputies Clare Daly and...
- Saincheisteanna Tráthúla - Topical Issue Debate (0 speeches)
- Insurance Compensation Fund (4 speeches)
I again raise the issue of the collapse of Setanta Insurance, which occurred in April 2014, more than four and a half years ago. Unfortunately, there are still many outstanding claims....
- Nursing Home Services (6 speeches)
This is an important issue and I thank the Ceann Comhairle for selecting it for debate. I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Jim Daly, to address it. Last Thursday week the programme "Prime...
- Urban Renewal Schemes (10 speeches)
Leanfaidh mé ar aghaidh, agus má thagann an Teachta Barry, ligfidh mé isteach é. It is, incredibly, 1,000 days since the sod turning for the Cork event centre. It has been...
- Road Improvement Schemes (8 speeches)
I thank the Minister for coming. I will say one thing for him - he is one of the few senior Ministers who comes here to answer questions in Topical Issues debates. We might criticise him...
- Apprenticeships: Motion [Private Members] (36 speeches)
I move:That Dáil Éireann:recognises the critical importance of apprenticeships and vocational education and training; accepts that:— the lack of apprenticeships is impacting the...
- Personal Explanation by Minister of State (2 speeches)
The Minister of State at the Department of Finance has informed the Chair that he wishes to make a personal explanation and the Chair agrees.
- Home Building Finance Ireland Bill 2018: Report Stage (Resumed) and Final Stage (10 speeches)
Debate resumed on amendment No. 1: -(Deputy Eoin Ó Broin)
- Criminal Justice (Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing) (Amendment) Bill 2018: From the Seanad (12 speeches)
The Dáil went into Committee to consider amendments from the Seanad.
- Children's Health Bill 2018 [Seanad]: Order for Report Stage (1 speech)
I move: "That Report Stage be taken now."
- Children's Health Bill 2018 [Seanad]: Report and Final Stages (28 speeches)
Amendments Nos. 1 and 2 are related and will be discussed together.
- Data Sharing and Governance Bill 2018 [Seanad]: Second Stage (Resumed) (4 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Public Service Superannuation (Age of Retirement) Bill 2018 [Seanad]: Second Stage (Resumed) (6 speeches)
Deputy Brian Stanley was in possession when the debate adjourned.
- Public Service Superannuation (Age of Retirement) Bill 2018 [Seanad]: Referral to Select Committee (1 speech)
I move:That the Bill be referred to the Select Committee on Finance, Public Expenditure and Reform, and Taoiseach pursuant to Standing Orders 84A(3)(a) and 149(1).