Tuesday, 26 June 2018
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 2.00 p.m.
- Visit of Northern Irish Delegation (1 speech)
Before taking Leaders' Questions, I ask that we put our hands together and give a very warm round of applause to my very good friend, the Speaker of the Northern Ireland Assembly, Mr. Robin Newton.
- Leaders' Questions (37 speeches)
The delay in taking decisive decisions by the Minister for Transport, Tourism and Sport on a second runway at Dublin Airport has reached farcical levels. We know Deputy Shane Ross is no expert...
- Visit of United Nations Delegate (1 speech)
I also wish to extend a warm welcome on Members' behalf to Mr. Mukhisa Kituyi, Secretary General of the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development. Mr. Kituyi, of Kenya, is on a short...
- Order of Business (126 speeches)
Today’s business shall be No. 8, motion re proposed approval by Dáil Éireann of the draft Commission of Investigation (Response to complaints or allegations of child sexual abuse...
- Ceisteanna - Questions (0 speeches)
- Taoiseach's Meetings and Engagements (50 speeches)
1. To ask the Taoiseach if he will report on his visit to Spain; the meetings that were held; and the issues that were discussed and the response that he received. [26549/18]
- National Risk Assessment (24 speeches)
6. To ask the Taoiseach if the issue of biodiversity has been considered for inclusion in the 2018 national risk assessment. [26556/18]
- Topical Issue Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 29A and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy James Browne - to...
- Ceisteanna - Questions (Resumed) - Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Defence Forces Personnel (17 speeches)
35. To ask the Taoiseach and Minister for Defence if he will report on the agreement reached with Defence Forces representative organisations relating to the application of the Organisation of...
- Air Corps Operations (7 speeches)
36. To ask the Taoiseach and Minister for Defence to outline the capacity of the Air Corps to provide air ambulance services. [27761/18]
- Overseas Missions (7 speeches)
37. To ask the Taoiseach and Minister for Defence if changes are planned to the Defence Forces' overseas missions; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [28051/18]
- Protected Disclosures (7 speeches)
38. To ask the Taoiseach and Minister for Defence if he has received a protected disclosure from a member of the Defence Forces (details supplied); if he has responded to the disclosure; and the...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
- EU Budgets (7 speeches)
40. To ask the Taoiseach and Minister for Defence his views on the proposal by the European Commission to increase funding to PESCO and other military spending in the draft multiannual financial...
- Defence Forces Strength (25 speeches)
42. To ask the Taoiseach and Minister for Defence the extent to which the strength of the Defence Forces continues to be maintained or increased, or both; the degree to which gender balance...
- EU Meetings (7 speeches)
43. To ask the Taoiseach and Minister for Defence if he will report on the May 2018 meeting of EU defence Ministers; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [27756/18]
- Defence Forces Training (7 speeches)
44. To ask the Taoiseach and Minister for Defence the status of the development of a new institute for peace support and leadership training at the Defence Forces Training Centre, Curragh Camp;...
- Defence Forces Personnel (7 speeches)
46. To ask the Taoiseach and Minister for Defence his plans to ensure that members of the Defence Forces are in a position to avail of the protections of the Organisation of Working Time Act 1997...
- Topical Issue Debate (0 speeches)
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services Provision (4 speeches)
My Topical Issue matter relates to the need for the Minister for Public Expenditure and Reform to address the delays in approving the pathfinder programme for young people with mental health...
- Mental Health Services Provision (4 speeches)
I wish to raise the state of the psychiatric services in west Clare but these problems are reflected nationally throughout the psychiatric services. In west Clare, we have not had a psychologist...
- Water and Sewerage Schemes (4 speeches)
Coachford is a great area. It is a fantastic village with great potential. There are great facilities there, serving a huge local community. There is a secondary school, shops, pubs,...
- Road Projects Status (4 speeches)
Thurles town suffers from severe traffic congestion. We have been promised a bypass for a generation or more. Ten years ago three routes for a bypass were proposed and one was selected. We...
- Commission of Investigation: Motion (12 speeches)
Táimid ag dul ar aghaidh anois go dtí an chéad píosa gnó eile, is é sin an 45 nóiméad atá againn i gcomhair tairiscint maidir le ceadú beartaithe...
- Childcare Support Bill 2017: From the Seanad (Resumed) (8 speeches)
The Dáil went into Committee to resume consideration of amendments from the Seanad.
- Employment (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 2017: Order for Report Stage (1 speech)
I move: "That Report Stage be taken now."
- Employment (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 2017: Report Stage (26 speeches)
I move amendment No. 1:In page 5, line 23, after "provisions" to insert "but not later than six months after the passage of this legislation by both Houses of the Oireachtas". The background to...
- Special Needs Assistants: Motion [Private Members] (80 speeches)
I move:“That Dáil Éireann:recognises that: — Special Needs Assistants (SNAs) are recruited specifically to assist in the care of pupils with disabilities in an...