Wednesday, 13 June 2018
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Leas-Cheann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Business of Dáil (1 speech)
Before we commence, I would not be carrying out my functions if I did not remind the House that we start at 10.30 a.m. The only losers here are the relevant Minister and the spokespersons. I am...
- Ceisteanna - Questions - Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Care Orders (7 speeches)
19. To ask the Minister for Children and Youth Affairs the steps she has taken to address the fact that many children in foster care are placed under a voluntary care order; and the issues...
- Adoption Registration (7 speeches)
20. To ask the Minister for Children and Youth Affairs the progress made by Tusla in contacting those who are known to have been affected by an adoption scandal (details supplied); and the scope...
- Internet Safety (8 speeches)
21. To ask the Minister for Children and Youth Affairs the steps she has taken to enact the recommendations of the Internet content governance advisory group, ICGAG; the additional steps that...
- Birth Certificates (7 speeches)
22. To ask the Minister for Children and Youth Affairs if her Department has assessed the impact on the rights and welfare of those children of same-sex parents that are not able to accurately...
- Illegal Adoptions (7 speeches)
23. To ask the Minister for Children and Youth Affairs her plans to widen the scope of the investigation into illegal birth registrations beyond the initial sampling exercise to include all of...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
- Adoption Registration (6 speeches)
24. To ask the Minister for Children and Youth Affairs the reason no audit or action was taken in view of the report submitted by the Adoption Authority of Ireland on illegal registrations in...
- Legislative Programme (7 speeches)
25. To ask the Minister for Children and Youth Affairs the date by which she plans to have the Adoption Amendment (Information and Tracing) Bill 2016 enacted; and if she will make a statement on...
- Departmental Funding (7 speeches)
26. To ask the Minister for Children and Youth Affairs the status of matters relating to governance at an organisation (details supplied). [25608/18]
- Early Childhood Care and Education (7 speeches)
44. To ask the Minister for Children and Youth Affairs if she is satisfied with the capacity of the ECCE sector and its ability to deliver a universal service across the country; and if she will...
- School Completion Programme (5 speeches)
45. To ask the Minister for Children and Youth Affairs if she is satisfied that the school completion programme is operating effectively. [25607/18]
- Home Schooling (7 speeches)
28. To ask the Minister for Children and Youth Affairs the measures she will take to support parents who choose to care for children in the home. [25682/18]
- Quality and Capacity Building Initiative Innovation Fund (4 speeches)
29. To ask the Minister for Children and Youth Affairs the status of the quality and capacity building initiative, QCBI, innovation fund; the way in which it can benefit projects in County...
- Child Care Services Funding (5 speeches)
30. To ask the Minister for Children and Youth Affairs her plans to introduce a new childcare capital grant scheme in 2018 to assist childcare providers to extend or provide new facilities in...
- Leaders' Questions (42 speeches)
We will move on to take Leader's Questions under Standing Order 29. Before so doing, I remind Members that during Leader's Questions yesterday, a number of Members sought clarification as to...
- Questions on Promised Legislation (114 speeches)
We have 30 minutes for this and we already have 26 Deputies offering. I call Deputy Micheál Martin.
- Civil Liability (Amendment) Bill 2018: First Stage (5 speeches)
I move:That leave be granted to introduce a Bill entitled an Act to amend the law relating to civil liability. This is an important Bill, which I hope the House will fully support. Part 4 of the...
- Ceisteanna - Questions (Resumed) (0 speeches)
- National Risk Assessment (20 speeches)
1. To ask the Taoiseach the main new risks identified in the 2018 draft national risk assessment compared with those in the 2017 assessment. [23590/18]
- Taoiseach's Meetings and Engagements (11 speeches)
3. To ask the Taoiseach if he will report on his recent engagement with the Prime Minister of Belgium, Mr. Charles Michel. [23615/18]
- Legislative Programme (19 speeches)
8. To ask the Taoiseach if he will report on his Department's legislative priorities. [23790/18]
- Topical Issue Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 29A and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Sean Fleming - to...
- Topical Issue Debate (0 speeches)
- Home Loan Scheme (4 speeches)
I am raising the issue of the Rebuilding Ireland home loans scheme. As people are aware, it is a mortgage scheme for first-time buyers backed by the Government. It is now available through all...
- Visit of Australian Delegation (1 speech)
Before moving on to the next Topical Issue matter, I wish on my own behalf, and on behalf of the Members of Dáil Éireann, to offer a céad míle fáilte to the delegation...
- Topical Issue Debate (Resumed) (0 speeches)
- Water Supply Leakages (12 speeches)
What occurred in the past seven days in Skerries in north County Dublin is nothing short of a disgrace and an unmitigated disaster. I refer to the failure of the supply of water to between 4,000...
- Hospital Accommodation Provision (8 speeches)
Three of us from different parts of the mid-west region and of different political perspectives are raising this matter, which relates to the intolerable position faced by patients in the...
- Housing: Motion [Private Members] (57 speeches)
I move:“That Dáil Éireann:notes that:— the worsening shortage of social and affordable housing and emergency accommodation in Ireland now constitutes a national emergency;...
- Offences against the State (Amendment) Act 1998 and Criminal Justice (Amendment) Act 2009: Motions (27 speeches)
The two motions will be discussed together.
- Message from Select Committee (1 speech)
The Select Committee on Business, Enterprise and Innovation has completed its consideration of the Copyright and Other Intellectual Property Law Provisions Bill 2018 and has made amendments thereto.
- Road Traffic (Amendment) Bill 2017: Report Stage (Resumed) (83 speeches)
Bill recommitted in respect of amendments Nos. 4 to 21, inclusive, and amendment No. 28.
- Parental Leave (Amendment) Bill 2017: Order for Report Stage [Private Members] (1 speech)
I move: "That Report Stage be taken now."
- Parental Leave (Amendment) Bill 2017: Report and Final Stages [Private Members] (38 speeches)
Amendments Nos. 1 and 2, arising out of committee proceedings, are related and will be discussed together.
- Road Traffic (Amendment) Bill 2017: Report Stage (Resumed) (39 speeches)
Bill recommitted in respect of amendment No. 22.