Tuesday, 23 January 2018
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 2 p.m.
- Leaders' Questions (30 speeches)
The revelations in yesterday's Irish Timesof the correspondence between the chief executive officer of the Health Service Executive and the Minister and the Department of Health demonstrate a...
- Order of Business (65 speeches)
Today's business shall be No. 10, motion re proposed approval by Dáil Éireann for a Directive 2013/33/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council of 26 June 2013 laying down...
- Ceisteanna - Questions (0 speeches)
- Taoiseach's Meetings and Engagements (12 speeches)
1. To ask the Taoiseach if he has held recent meetings with church leaders and faith communities. [53041/17]
- Economic Policy (26 speeches)
6. To ask the Taoiseach if he will report on the work of the economic policy division of his Department. [53042/17]
- European Council Meetings (30 speeches)
10. To ask the Taoiseach if he will report on his attendance at the EU Council in December 2017. [54820/17]
- Priority Questions (1 speech)
We will now move on to questions to the Minister for Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht.
- Departmental Expenditure (15 speeches)
66. To ask the Minister for Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht the rationale for the decision to allocate €0.9 million of the Creative Ireland programme budget to initiatives under the...
- Straitéis 20 Bliain don Ghaeilge (9 speeches)
67. To ask the Minister for Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht an bhfuil sí chun a rá cathain go díreach a fhoilseofar an plean gnímh cúig bliana don Straitéis 20...
- Archaeological Sites (7 speeches)
69. To ask the Minister for Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht when her Department will address issues and implement new measures at the Hill of Tara (details supplied).. [3447/18]
- Bullying in the Workplace (9 speeches)
70. To ask the Minister for Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht further to the recent publicity surrounding sexual harassment in the arts, her plans in respect of this issue; and if she will make...
- Topical Issue Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 29A and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Frank O'Rourke - the...
- Ceisteanna - Questions (Resumed) - Other Questions (0 speeches)
- Caiteachas Ranna (4 speeches)
71. To ask the Minister for Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht cé mhéad airgid bhreise atá curtha ar fáil don Ghaeilge agus don Ghaeltacht ó bunaíodh an rialtas...
- Creative Ireland Programme (7 speeches)
72. To ask the Minister for Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht the way in which the Creative Ireland programme will utilise the National Opera House, Wexford; and if she will make a statement on...
- Údarás na Gaeltachta Properties (8 speeches)
74. To ask the Minister for Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht the status of the empty buildings held by Údarás na Gaeltachta. [3088/18]
- Animal Welfare (7 speeches)
73. To ask the Minister for Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht the number of National Parks and Wildlife Service, NPWS, officers monitoring illegal activity of digging out burrows; and if her...
- Heritage Council Expenditure (5 speeches)
75. To ask the Minister for Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht if her attention has been drawn to a proposal by the Heritage Council to reduce funding under the category of the Irish Walled...
- Architectural Heritage (20 speeches)
76. To ask the Minister for Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht the funds which have been allocated to the 2018 built heritage investment scheme and structures at risk fund; her Department's...
- Film Industry Tax Reliefs (13 speeches)
78. To ask the Minister for Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht her views on a report by an organisation (details supplied) which highlights flaws in the operation of the section 481 scheme and...
- Business of Dáil: Motion (3 speeches)
Before we move on to Topical Issues, the Government Whip has an announcement to make.
- Topical Issue Debate (0 speeches)
- Mental Health Services Provision (4 speeches)
I welcome the opportunity to discuss this matter with the Minister of State, Deputy Finian McGrath. No disrespect to him, but I was hoping to discuss it with the Minister of State who has...
- Emergency Departments Services (4 speeches)
I express my disappointment that the Minister, Deputy Harris, is not here. It is déjà vuas this is the fourth time I have had a Topical Issue on pretty much the same matter and the...
- Flood Relief Schemes Status (9 speeches)
In light of the near flooding a few weeks ago and further weather warnings forecast for the period ahead, I seek an update on the flood relief and main drainage scheme in Bandon. Bandon is known...
- Roads Maintenance Funding (4 speeches)
I welcome the opportunity to raise this important matter. I thank the Minister for Transport, Tourism and Sport, Deputy Ross, for coming to the House to address the issue. Like many colleagues,...
- Reception Conditions Directive: Motion (12 speeches)
I move:That Dáil Éireann approves the exercise by the State of the option or discretion under Protocol No. 21 on the position of the United Kingdom and Ireland in respect of the area of...
- Technological Universities Bill 2015: Report Stage (Resumed) and Final Stage (52 speeches)
Debate resumed on amendment No. 16:
- Companies (Statutory Audits) Bill 2017: Second Stage (1 speech)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." My speech is being circulated along with an information pack of supplementary documents which I have also made available to Deputies. I...
- Residential Tenancies (Amendment) Bill 2018 Second Stage: Second Stage [Private Members] (21 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." With the permission of the House, I will share time with Deputy Catherine Murphy.
- Residential Tenancies (Amendment) Bill 2018: Referral to Select Committee (1 speech)
I move:That the Bill be referred to the Select Committee on Housing, Planning and Local Government pursuant to Standing Orders 84A(3)(a) and 141.
- Report on the Joint Committee on the Eighth Amendment of the Constitution: Statements (Resumed) (21 speeches)
We now proceed to our consideration of statements on the report of the Joint Committee on the Eighth Amendment of the Constitution. Deputy Danny Healy-Rae was in possession when the debate...