Wednesday, 31 January 2018
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Leas-Cheann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Ceisteanna - Questions - Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Housing Provision (7 speeches)
56. To ask the Minister for Housing, Planning, and Local Government the amount, location and criteria of the recently announced affordable housing scheme; and if he will make a statement on the...
- Private Rented Accommodation Standards (7 speeches)
57. To ask the Minister for Housing, Planning, and Local Government the actions he has taken since the broadcast of a programme (details supplied) in November 2017; his plans to amend the legal...
- Repair and Leasing Scheme (7 speeches)
58. To ask the Minister for Housing, Planning, and Local Government the number of units provided through the repair and leasing scheme; his proposed changes to the scheme; and if he will make a...
- Local Infrastructure Housing Activation Fund (11 speeches)
59. To ask the Minister for Housing, Planning, and Local Government his plans to revert to the original proposal with regard to LIHAF funded developments as set out in circular PL 10/2016 of 26...
- Approved Housing Bodies (13 speeches)
60. To ask the Minister for Housing, Planning, and Local Government the amount paid to approved housing bodies to date in upfront or accelerated CALF funding; the amount of interest that to date...
- Other Questions (1 speech)
We now move on to ordinary questions. The first question is from Deputy Bríd Smith, and permission has been given to Deputy Boyd Barrett to speak on it.
- Home Loan Scheme (24 speeches)
61. To ask the Minister for Housing, Planning, and Local Government the way in which the proposed home loan schemes and affordable purchase scheme will impact on the present housing crisis in...
- Rental Sector Strategy (10 speeches)
63. To ask the Minister for Housing, Planning, and Local Government when the pilot project on affordable rental schemes will be launched; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [4546/18]
- Housing Provision (29 speeches)
64. To ask the Minister for Housing, Planning, and Local Government the structure of the new affordable purchase scheme. [4568/18]
- Local Authority Housing Provision (5 speeches)
66. To ask the Minister for Housing, Planning, and Local Government his plans to monitor the effectiveness of local authorities' building programmes in 2018. [4523/18]
- Leaders' Questions (29 speeches)
I appeal to Deputies to stick to the allocated time. I call Deputy Micheál Martin.
- Questions on Promised Legislation (45 speeches)
There is a clear commitment in the programme for Government committing the Government to tackling criminal gangs. It is with great horror that people watch on a regular basis murder and mayhem...
- Overcrowded Housing Bill 2018: First Stage (5 speeches)
I move:That leave be granted to introduce a Bill entitled an Act to introduce a new statutory definition of overcrowding in accommodation including the statutory standards that can be used by...
- Prohibition of Sulky-Racing Bill 2018: First Stage (5 speeches)
I move:That leave be granted to introduce a Bill entitled an Act to prohibit sulky racing where no lawful permission has been granted. I am pleased to introduce this Private Members' Bill. The...
- Ceisteanna - Questions (Resumed) - Taoiseach's Meetings and Engagements: Supplementary Questions (9 speeches)
Supplementary Questions to the Taoiseach in respect of Questions Nos. 12 to 21, inclusive, on the Order Paper of Tuesday, 30 January 2018 in accordance with the Order of Dáil Éireann of...
- Taoiseach's Meetings and Engagements (13 speeches)
11. To ask the Taoiseach if he has had discussions recently with Prime Minister May regarding Northern Ireland and phase two of the Brexit talks. [1387/18]
- Cabinet Committee Meetings (18 speeches)
19. To ask the Taoiseach when Cabinet committee E (health) will next meet. [1681/18]
- Topical Issue Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 29A and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy James Browne - the need...
- Topical Issue Debate (0 speeches)
- Schools Building Projects (4 speeches)
I wish to raise the issue of special education in Wexford, in particular, two complementary schools - St. Patrick's special school in Enniscorthy and Our Lady of Fatima School in Wexford town....
- Hospital Closures (4 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Byrne, and thank her for taking the time to hear about this matter. It relates to the Alzheimer's disease unit in Sligo, which covers the north-west...
- Special Protection Areas Designation (13 speeches)
Yesterday I attended a briefing in the AV Room by a group of farmers from north west Cork, east Kerry, west Limerick and County Tipperary on the designation of their lands under the hen harrier...
- Light Rail Projects Provision (10 speeches)
There have been some welcome developments in transport but they are not ambitious enough and, in some cases, will take many years to complete. The Luas link to Broombridge has been a wonderful...
- Harassment, Harmful Communications and Related Offences Bill 2017: Second Stage [Private Members] (29 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time". With the permission of the House I propose to share time with Deputies Alan Kelly and Jan O'Sullivan.
- Harassment, Harmful Communications and Related Offences Bill 2017: Referral to Select Committee [Private Members] (1 speech)
I move:That the Bill be referred to the Select Committee on Justice and Equality pursuant to Standing Orders 84A(3)(a) and 141 of the Standing Orders relative to Public Business.
- Planning and Development (Amendment) Bill 2016: Report Stage (Resumed) and Final Stage (16 speeches)
Debate resumed on amendment No. 93: - Minister of State at the Department of Housing, Planning and Local Government (Deputy Damien English)
- Childcare Support Bill 2017: Order for Second Stage (1 speech)
Bill entitled An Act to provide for the establishment of a scheme to be known as the Affordable Childcare Scheme under which financial support may be made available to persons in respect of...
- Childcare Support Bill 2017: Second Stage (36 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time". I am so very pleased to have the opportunity to introduce the Childcare Support Bill 2017 to the House. In October 2016 I announced that work...
- Childcare Support Bill 2017: Referral to Select Committee (1 speech)
I move:That the Bill be referred to the Select Committee on Children and Youth Affairs pursuant to Standing Orders 84A(3)(a) and 149(1).