Wednesday, 18 January 2017
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 12 noon
- Leaders' Questions (40 speeches)
In taking Leaders' Questions under Standing Order 29, I appeal to all Members to have regard to the clock and the allocated time. We went badly over time yesterday.
- Questions on Promised Legislation (83 speeches)
The Valuation Office commenced a process of revaluing how rates were charged to commercial customers a number of years ago. Letters have issued from that office. I can only speak for my...
- Topical Issue Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 29A and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputies Brendan Griffin, Noel...
- Ceisteanna - Questions (4 speeches)
We are applying the time specified in yesterday's Standing Order amendments. As such, the clock will be running.
- Departmental Offices (47 speeches)
1. To ask the Taoiseach the number of staff assigned to the parliamentary liaison unit in his Department; and the functions it has. [40019/16]
- Brexit Issues (16 speeches)
2. To ask the Taoiseach if he has had any meetings to discuss issues concerning Brexit with officials in his Department recently. [40120/16]
- Cabinet Committee Meetings (25 speeches)
4. To ask the Taoiseach if a meeting of the Cabinet committee on health took place on 12 December 2016. [40126/16]
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Delivering Equality of Opportunity in Schools (9 speeches)
27. To ask the Minister for Education and Skills the status of the review of the delivering equality of opportunity in schools, DEIS, programme; if he will put in place the measures suggested by...
- School Transport Review (15 speeches)
28. To ask the Minister for Education and Skills his views on the school transport review. [2013/17]
- School Curriculum (7 speeches)
29. To ask the Minister for Education and Skills the status of the implementation of the new coding curriculum in schools; the reason for the delayed roll-out of the new coding courses; and if he...
- Schools Mental Health Strategies (7 speeches)
30. To ask the Minister for Education and Skills if he will consider a proposal on behalf of mental health activists to make it mandatory for schools to insert an advertisement for Pieta House...
- Third Level Funding (7 speeches)
31. To ask the Minister for Education and Skills if he will take on board concerns represented by the Union of Students in Ireland and other representative groups if an income contingent loan...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
- Schools Building Projects (7 speeches)
32. To ask the Minister for Education and Skills the progress of the schools major capital works plan. [1899/17]
- School Transport Eligibility (10 speeches)
33. To ask the Minister for Education and Skills if he will reverse a decision regarding school transport whereby children living in Urris, County Donegal, and who attend or will be attending a...
- School Staff (7 speeches)
34. To ask the Minister for Education and Skills his views on whether the criteria for appeals by one-teacher mainland schools to obtain an additional teacher with regard to the staffing schedule...
- Schools Building Projects Status (7 speeches)
35. To ask the Minister for Education and Skills the reason for the delay in the construction of phase 2 of a school (details supplied); the likely construction date; and if he will make a...
- School Transport Data (6 speeches)
36. To ask the Minister for Education and Skills the number of school bus routes in operation in each of the years from 2011 to 2016; and if his Department's policy objective is to reduce the...
- Departmental Budgets (7 speeches)
37. To ask the Minister for Education and Skills the extent to which he remains satisfied regarding the adequacy of the education budget to meet in full the targets set by his Department for the...
- Schools Mental Health Strategies (7 speeches)
38. To ask the Minister for Education and Skills his views on linking community and youth services in with schools in the local area in relation to awareness programmes dealing with the dangers...
- Special Educational Needs (7 speeches, 3 comments)
40. To ask the Minister for Education and Skills when the sections of the EPSEN Act 2004, which deal with provisions relating to an individual right to assessment and individual education plans,...
- Topical Issue Debate (0 speeches)
- Road Traffic Legislation (4 speeches)
I have brought up this issue numerous times in the House. The Government and senior gardaí have always responded by saying that this is already covered by legislation. I introduced the...
- Respite Care Services Provision (4 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for allowing this Topical Issue matter. The Seaview respite care home outside Donegal town is owned and operated by the Health Service Executive, HSE, to provide...
- Hospital Services (44 speeches)
I thank the Leas-Cheann Comhairle and his office for facilitating this Topical Issue, which represents cross-party and cross-county support. Fourteen of the 19 Deputies in the south-east are...
- Tillage Farming: Motion [Private Members] (68 speeches)
From the looks of the Visitors Gallery, there is not much ploughing going on today.
- Communications Regulation (Postal Services) (Amendment) Bill 2016: Order for Second Stage (1 speech)
- Communications Regulation (Postal Services) (Amendment) Bill 2016: Second Stage (34 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." I am pleased to have the opportunity to present this Bill for the consideration of the House. First, however, I want to extend apologies on...