Tuesday, 17 January 2017
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 2 p.m.
- Leaders' Questions (45 speeches)
Fáilte romhaibh ar ais. Guím athbhliain faoi mhaise do gach duine.
- Order of Business (2 speeches)
Tuesday's business shall be No. 13, motion re changes to Standing Orders, without debate; and No. 19, statements on Northern Ireland. Private Members' business shall be No. 30, the...
- Questions on Promised Legislation (87 speeches)
On promised legislation, we have one minute for each Member-----
- Ethical Public Investment (Tobacco) Bill 2017: First Stage (6 speeches)
I move:That leave be granted to introduce a Bill entitled an Act to prohibit the investment of public moneys directly or indirectly in equity or debt securities issued by tobacco companies. I...
- Business of Dáil (2 speeches)
We note, with regret, the passing of T. K. Whitaker last week, a truly outstanding public servant and a man of extraordinary vision and ability who left his mark on Ireland. I though it might be...
- Standing Orders: Motion (4 speeches)
We will now move on to a motion regarding Standing Orders 23, 25, 28, 39, 84A, 111F, 140, 146 and 156.
- Topical Issue Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 29A and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Louise O'Reilly - GPs in...
- Messages from Seanad (1 speech)
Seanad Éireann has passed the Statute Law Revision Bill 2016, the Road Traffic Bill 2016, the Planning and Development (Housing) and Residential Tenancies Bill 2016 and the Courts Bill 2016,...
- Ceisteanna - Questions (0 speeches)
- Dublin-Monaghan Bombings (7 speeches)
1. To ask the Taoiseach if the Dublin-Monaghan bombings were mentioned when he was last speaking with or when he met Prime Minister May. [39810/16]
- Programme for Government (31 speeches)
2. To ask the Taoiseach if he will report on the commitments in the programme for government in relation to his department; and the progress on same. [39812/16]
- Departmental Staff (20 speeches)
4. To ask the Taoiseach if there has been a skills needs assessment in his Department; and if any direct hires have occurred in the past year. [39820/16]
- Northern Ireland: Statements (50 speeches)
I welcome the opportunity to have this debate on Northern Ireland. The current situation is most regrettable. We are heading into a potentially very divisive election at a time when we face one...
- Ceisteanna - Questions (Resumed) - Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Central Bank of Ireland Investigations (15 speeches)
29. To ask the Minister for Finance if he will provide an estimate of the number of mortgages identified as part of the Central Bank investigation into tracker mortgages whereby the customer was...
- State Banking Sector (9 speeches)
31. To ask the Minister for Finance his plans to proceed with the sale of a stake in a bank (details supplied) in the course of 2017; the factors that will influence his decision; and if he will...
- Tax Code (8 speeches)
32. To ask the Minister for Finance the measures he has put in place in order that so-called vulture funds pay both corporation tax and capital gains tax at full rate; if he will provide an...
- Loan Books Purchasers (7 speeches)
33. To ask the Minister for Finance his plans to introduce further protections for mortgage holders and SMEs whose loans have been sold to unregulated loan owners, including so-called vulture...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
- Tax Code (53 speeches)
We will proceed to Question No. 34, in the name of Deputy Brendan Griffin. He has 30 seconds to introduce it.
- Financial Services Sector (7 speeches)
35. To ask the Minister for Finance his Department's current role in engaging with the financial services industry here. [38620/16]
- Motor Insurance Regulation (8 speeches)
37. To ask the Minister for Finance his views on the fact that, almost three years on from the collapse of a company (details supplied), 1,666 claims are still not dealt with; the position...
- Motor Insurance (11 speeches)
40. To ask the Minister for Finance if the cost of insurance working group has completed its deliberations and consultations; if the working group developed an action plan; the details of the...
- Topical Issue Debate (0 speeches)
- Health Services Provision (4 speeches)
I wish to take this opportunity to wish all Members of the House a very happy new year. I also hope it will be a happy new year, with good news for those who suffer with Alzheimer's disease,...
- Hospital Accommodation Provision (4 speeches)
I am glad to have an opportunity to raise this issue because it is very important to the people of Carlow and Kilkenny. The management of St Luke's General Hospital Kilkenny, which services...
- Workplace Discrimination (4 speeches)
This matter arises from a discussion on Wired FM in Limerick last year. A number of volunteers came together to run a radio show for the over-55s. We often debate health issues concerning the...
- Home Repossessions (4 speeches)
In light of the recent High Court judgment delivered by Mr. Justice Barrett in AIB v. Counihan on 21 December 2016 as well as in the light of the serious concerns expressed recently by the Master...
- Private Members' Business - Anti-Evictions Bill 2016: Second Stage [Private Members] (55 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." I wish to share time with Deputy Richard Boyd Barrett. I want to explain once again how necessary and urgent this type of legislation is...