Wednesday, 20 April 2011
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Leaders' Questions (59 speeches)
The Nyberg report is a candid and clear assessment of the origins of the financial crisis and at its core is an analysis of the systemic failures, which is far more challenging than a more narrow...
- Request to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 32 (3 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business I propose to deal with a notice under Standing Order 32.
- Order of Business (33 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 8, Road Traffic Bill 2011 [Seanad] - Report and Final Stages; No. 9, Nurses and Midwives Bill 2010 - Order for Report, Report and Final Stages; No. 10 - statements on...
- Ceisteanna - Questions (0 speeches)
- State Visits (42 speeches)
My Department will meet certain of the costs associated with these visits. However, as detailed arrangements for the visits have not been finalised it is not possible at this point to give an...
- Inward Investment (20 speeches)
Question 2: To ask the Taoiseach the role to be played by him in seeking to secure and retain inward investment as distinct from the role of the Department of Enterprise, Trade and Innovation....
- Programmes for Government (15 speeches)
Question 4: To ask the Taoiseach if he has put in place within his Department a specific function for overseeing the implementation of the Programme for Government; the persons involved and the...
- Road Traffic Bill 2011[Seanad]:Report and Final Stages (19 speeches)
Amendments Nos. 1 and 2 are in the name of Deputy Dooley who is not present.
- Nurses and Midwives Bill 2010: Order for Report Stage (1 speech)
I move: "That Report Stage be taken now."
- Nurses and Midwives Bill 2010: Report Stage (39 speeches)
I move amendment No. 1: In page 22, lines 34 and 35, to delete all words from and including "Central" in line 34 down to and including "Ireland" in line 35 and substitute "Central Bank of...
- Ceisteanna - Questions (resumed) (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Air Services (4 speeches)
Question 21: To ask the Minister for Transport; Tourism and Sport if he is committed to protecting the State's current shareholding in Aer Lingus; and if he will make a statement on the matter....
- Public Transport (11 speeches)
Question 22: To ask the Minister for Transport; Tourism and Sport the criteria being used by him to evaluate and compare proposed major transport projects under the terms of the comprehensive...
- Rail Interconnector (4 speeches)
Question 23: To ask the Minister for Transport; Tourism and Sport his views on whether the continuing traffic congestion problem in Dublin city and the greater Dublin area has an adverse effect...
- Public Transport (15 speeches)
Question 24: To ask the Minister for Transport; Tourism and Sport if he is committed to maintaining funding levels for CIE in view of commitments in the Programme for Government favouring...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
- National Cycle Policy Framework (5 speeches)
Question 26: To ask the Minister for Transport; Tourism and Sport his plans to remove the mandatory use requirement for cycle lanes; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [8612/11]
- Civil Aviation Legislation (6 speeches)
Question 27: To ask the Minister for Transport; Tourism and Sport if he plans to appoint Authorised Officers beyond members of An Garda Síochána, as foreseen under Section 49 of the Air...
- Air Services (13 speeches)
Question 28: To ask the Minister for Transport; Tourism and Sport the position regarding the public service obligation air services; his plans for the operational subvention scheme and capital...
- Public Transport (29 speeches)
Question 29: To ask the Minister for Transport; Tourism and Sport his views on the Dublin bus network direct and its impact on communities across the city; and if he will make a statement on...
- Road Network (14 speeches)
Question 31: To ask the Minister for Transport; Tourism and Sport his plans to extend the use of bus lanes; his further plans to review the bus lane system; and if he will make a statement on...
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Michael Healy-Rae - the...
- Commission of Inquiry into Banking Sector: Statements (62 speeches)
Yesterday was a sobering day for anyone interested in how a successful economy can, in parallel, develop the seeds of self-destruction, and how these seeds can take root, grow and develop and...
- Private Members' Business (0 speeches)
- Energy Resources: Motion (Resumed) (103 speeches)
The following motion was moved by Deputy Martin Ferris on Tuesday, 19 April 2011:
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
- Arts Funding (6 speeches)
I thank the Chair for allowing me an opportunity to raise this matter.
- Tax Code (4 speeches, 1 comment)
Deputies Mac Lochlainn and Doherty have two minutes and 30 seconds each in which to speak.
- Asylum Applications (2 speeches)
I welcome the Minister for Justice and Equality and congratulate him on his appointment, as it is the first opportunity I have had of doing so in the House. I also welcome the fact that his...
- Symphysiotomy Procedures (2 speeches)
There is a series of scandals involving the health service which have a particular resonance in County Louth. They include the allegations of abuse surrounding consultant surgeon Michael Shine...