Tuesday, 19 April 2011
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 2.30 p.m.
- Business of Dáil (1 speech)
Before I call the Taoiseach for questions, I ask Deputies with mobile telephones to switch them off completely. As I indicated at our previous sitting, we lost the proceedings of the entire...
- Ceisteanna - Questions (0 speeches)
- Departmental Staff (44 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach when he will publish details of his proposal to reduce the permanent rather than political staffing of his Department [6666/11]
- Official Engagements (38 speeches)
Question 8: To ask the Taoiseach when the next North South Ministerial Council will take place; and if he will be attending [7502/11]
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Army Barracks (6 speeches)
Question 38: To ask the Minister for Defence if he will make a commitment that there will be no further barracks closures. [8406/11]
- Defence Forces Personnel (6 speeches)
Question 39: To ask the Minister for Defence if the drug Lariam remains on the approved list of drugs given to the Defence Forces for services overseas in areas affected by Malaria in view of...
- Decentralisation Programme (6 speeches)
Question 40: To ask the Minister for Defence when it is likely that the proposed centralised Head Office of the Defence Forces will be completed; his views that the establishment of such a...
- Security and Defence Policy (7 speeches)
Question 41: To ask the Minister for Defence if he is committed to retaining the UN resolution component of the Triple Lock; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [8407/11]
- Departmental Properties (8 speeches, 1 comment)
Question 42: To ask the Minister for Defence if any lands owned by his Department are in the process of being sold; if he envisages any land being sold in the future; and if he will make a...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
- Emergency Planning (6 speeches)
Question 43: To ask the Minister for Defence if he has satisfied himself with the level of support available to the Defence Forces to deal with severe weather emergencies; and if he will make...
- Army Barracks (2 speeches)
Question 44: To ask the Minister for Defence the planned developments at Custume Barracks, Athlone, County Westmeath; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [8274/11]
- Overseas Missions (20 speeches)
Question 45: To ask the Minister for Defence the contributions Ireland has made or is considering making to the recently established EUFOR Libya military mission; if he envisages that the...
- Reserve Defence Force (4 speeches)
Question 46: To ask the Minister for Defence the current strength of the Reserve Defence Forces; his plans for the future of the RDF; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [8391/11]
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Michael Healy-Rae - the...
- Leaders' Questions (54 speeches)
In the past 20 years a tradition has developed whereby the first bilateral visit by a new Taoiseach is to the British Prime Minister. The Taoiseach's two immediate predecessors had in-depth...
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 32 (3 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business, I propose to deal with a notice under Standing Order 32. I call on Deputy Finian McGrath.
- Order of Business (154 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 4, motion re proposed approval by Dáil Éireann for a directive of the European Parliament and of the Council on the use of passenger name record data for the...
- Standing Order 103 Select Committee: Appointment of Members (2 speeches)
I call on the Government Chief Whip to announce the appointment of Members to serve on the select committee formed under Standing Order 103.
- Passenger Name Record Data: Motion (7 speeches)
I move: That Dáil Éireann approves the exercise by the State of the option or discretion under Protocol No. 21 on the position of the United Kingdom and Ireland in respect of the area of...
- Criminal Justice (Community Service) (Amendment) (No. 2) Bill 2011: Second Stage (Resumed) (13 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Private Members' Business (0 speeches)
- Energy Resources: Motion (39 speeches)
I move: That Dáil Éireann: conscious of the declaration in the Democratic Programme that 'the Nation's sovereignty extends not only to all men and women of the Nation, but to all its material...
- Personal Explanation by Member (2 speeches)
Deputy Eoghan Murphy has given notice in writing to the Ceann Comhairle that he wishes to make a personal explanation. The Ceann Comhairle has decided to permit a personal explanation to be made...
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
- Decentralisation Programme (2 speeches)
I would like to discuss the number of buildings that the State is renting or leasing as part of the decentralisation programme. This is a particular concern in Portlaoise, which is in my...
- Company Takeovers (7 speeches)
The need to protect employment in the Quinn Group is of the utmost importance to counties Cavan, Monaghan, Fermanagh and Leitrim. Not alone does the group contribute significantly to the economy...
- Building Regulations (2 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for allowing me to raise this important matter on the Adjournment and the Minister of State, Deputy Willie Penrose, for taking the time to respond. The full extent...