Wednesday, 14 October 2009
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Leaders' Questions (36 speeches)
I congratulate the Ceann Comhairle on his first day in office. I notice he has dispensed with the English prayer and this may be a new precedent he is setting. He will get used to the words in...
- Visit of Bahraini Delegation (1 speech)
Before proceeding with business, I wish on my own behalf and, on behalf of the Members of Dáil Éireann, to offer a céad míle fáilte, a most sincere welcome, to His Excellency, Fahmi Bin Ali...
- Ceisteanna - Questions (0 speeches)
- Departmental Staff. (17 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach the number of staff, broken down by grade, currently employed in the Attorney General's office engaged in the drafting of legislation; the number of vacancies in...
- EU Summits. (34 speeches)
Question 3: To ask the Taoiseach if he has received an agenda for the EU summit in October 2009; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [30232/09]
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 32 (5 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business, I propose to deal with a number of notices under Standing Order 32. I will call on the Deputies in the order in which they submitted their notices to my...
- Order of Business (153 speeches, 1 comment)
It is proposed to take No. 21, Courts and Court Officers Bill 2009 - Order for Report, Report and Final Stages; No. 5, Labour Services (Amendment) Bill 2009 - Order for Second Stage and Second...
- Courts and Court Officers Bill 2009: Order for Report Stage (1 speech)
I move: "That Report Stage be taken now."
- Courts and Court Officers Bill 2009: Report and Final Stages (2 speeches)
I move amendment No. 1: In page 4, line 40, after "person" to insert the following: "who is lawfully in the custody of the Garda Siochána". This amendment arises out of Committee Stage...
- Labour Services (Amendment) Bill 2009: Order for Second Stage (1 speech)
Bill entitled an Act to amend the Labour Services Act 1987; and to provide for matters connected therewith.
- Labour Services (Amendment) Bill 2009: Second Stage (2 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." First of all, I would like to take this opportunity to describe the context of this Bill. FÁS, as the national training and employment...
- Ceisteanna - Questions (Resumed) (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
Dublin Docklands Development Authority.
- Dublin Docklands Development Authority. (13 speeches, 1 comment)
Question 105: To ask the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government if he directed the Dublin Docklands Development Authority to value its property portfolio using a valuation...
- Local Authority Funding. (9 speeches)
Question 107: To ask the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government if he will make a statement on the financial position of the local authorities for 2009; his plans to improve...
- Election Management System. (14 speeches)
Question 108: To ask the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government the progress made towards implementing the announcement of 23 April 2009 not to proceed with the...
- Carbon Budget. (12 speeches)
Question 109: To ask the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government his priorities for his upcoming carbon budget; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [36115/09]
- Local Authority Funding. (9 speeches)
We now turn to Question No. 106 in ainm an Teachta Tuffy.
- Other Questions (8 speeches)
Question 110: To ask the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government the number of local authorities that have heritage officers; and if he will make a statement on the matter....
- Water Quality. (30 speeches)
Question 111: To ask the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government if his attention has been drawn to the problem regarding green algae on beaches from the Old Head of Kinsale...
- Planning Issues. (4 speeches, 1 comment)
Question 112: To ask the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government if he will draft new planning guidelines for the proper development and maintenance of village and urban...
- Proposed Legislation. (30 speeches)
Question 113: To ask the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government when he expects to bring to Cabinet legislation that will create a directly elected mayor for Dublin that was...
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy James Reilly - the need...
- Labour Services (Amendment) Bill 2009: Second Stage (Resumed) (20 speeches)
Notice taken that 20 Members were not present; House counted and 20 Members being present,
- National Asset Management Agency Bill 2009: Second Stage (Resumed) (104 speeches)
The following motion was moved by the Minister for Finance, Deputy Brian Lenihan, on Wednesday, 16 September 2009:
- National Asset Management Agency Bill 2009: Referral to Select Committee (5 speeches)
I understand it is proposed to refer this Bill to the Select Committee on Finance and the Public Service.
- Private Members' Business (0 speeches)
- Medical Practitioners (Professional Indemnity)(Amendment) Bill 2009: Second Stage (32 speeches)
The following motion was moved by Deputy James Reilly on Tuesday, 13 October 2009:
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
Bank Lending Policy
- Bank Lending Policy (5 speeches)
I wish to share my time with Deputy John O'Mahony.
- Suicide Incidence. (4 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for allowing me to raise this issue. I commend the Irish Examiner on its contribution to the debate on this subject and for its advance over the past days. I am...
- Bee Mortality Rate. (2 speeches)
I wish to raise the serious increase in bee mortality rates in this country and across the European Union, given the role bees play in the pollination of commercial crops, and the findings the...
- Site Acquisitions. (2 speeches)
Ba mhaith liom cúpla nóimeíd a ghabháil don rud uafásach. I wish to raise the matter of a site for Gaelscoil Chluain Meala in my home town in Tipperary. It is an important matter but it...