Thursday, 18 December 2008
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Request to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 32 (3 speeches)
Anois, iarratas chun tairisceana a dhéanamh an Dáil a chur ar athló faoi Bhuan Ordú 32. I call on Deputy James Bannon.
- Order of Business (169 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 13, motion re proposed approval by Dáil Éireann of the terms of the three interim economic partnership agreements, back from committee; No. 25a, statements on the...
- Council of Europe: Appointment of Representatives (2 speeches)
I call on the Minister of State at the Department of the Taoiseach, Deputy Pat Carey, to make an announcement regarding the Council of Europe.
- International Agreements: Motion (1 speech)
Molaim: That Dáil Éireann approves the terms of the three interim Economic Partnership Agreements: (i) Interim Agreement with a view to an Economic Partnership Agreement between the European...
- Recapitalisation of Credit Institutions: Statements (38 speeches)
Last weekend, the Government announced that it is prepared to support, alongside existing shareholders and private investors, a recapitalisation programme of up to €10 billion for credit...
- Electoral (Amendment) Bill 2008: Order for Report Stage (1 speech)
I move: "That Report Stage be taken now."
- Electoral (Amendment) Bill 2008: Report and Final Stages (23 speeches)
Amendment No. 1 not moved.
- Gas (Amendment) Bill 2008: Order for Report Stage (1 speech)
I move: "That Report Stage be taken now."
- Gas (Amendment) Bill 2008: Report and Final Stages (3 speeches)
There are no amendments on Report Stage. Bill reported without amendment and received for final consideration.
- Spent Convictions Bill 2007: Second Stage (10 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Spent Convictions Bill 2007: Referral to Select Committee (1 speech)
I move: That the Bill be referred to the Select Committee on Justice, Equality, Defence and Women's Rights, in accordance with Standing Order 122(1) and paragraph 1(a)(i) of the Orders of...
- Message from Seanad (1 speech)
Seanad Éireann has passed the Appropriations Bill 2008, without amendment.
- Ceisteanna — Questions (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
Public Order Offences.
- Public Order Offences. (17 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform the action he proposes to take in the context of the recent murder of a law-abiding citizen in inner city Dublin and the...
- Departmental Agencies. (73 speeches)
Question 2: To ask the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform the position regarding contacts he has had with the Equality Authority regarding difficulties they will face as a result of...
- Prison Accommodation. (30 speeches)
Question 3: To ask the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform the prisoner capacity of each prison; the number of prisoners held in each prison; his views on overcrowding in prisons; and...
- Garda Operations. (8 speeches)
Question 4: To ask the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform the number of bench warrants that remain outstanding; his views on the execution of bench warrants; and the action he...
- Sex Offender Treatment Programme. (8 speeches)
Question 5: To ask the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform the number of sex offenders serving prison sentences; the number of prisoners in each prison who are participating in...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
- Human Trafficking. (7 speeches)
Question 6: To ask the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform the action being taken to prevent the trafficking of foreign women for sexual purposes; the estimated number of women...
- Gaming and Lotteries Legislation. (33 speeches)
Question 7: To ask the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform the position in respect of proposed reform of the gaming and lotteries legislation; and if he will make a statement on the...
- International Agreements. (13 speeches)
Question 8: To ask the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform further to Parliamentary Question No. 993 of 24 September 2008, if he will be in a position to ratify the UN Convention on...
- Proposed Legislation. (13 speeches)
Question 9: To ask the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform when it is expected that the promised legislation on civil unions will be published; and if he will make a statement on the...
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Dan Neville — the level...
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
- Hospital Services. (4 speeches)
I wish the Acting Chairman, the Ceann Comhairle and the Leas-Cheann Comhairle season's greetings and thank them for facilitating Members in raising matters on the Adjournment during this session....
- National Drugs Strategy. (8 speeches)
This matter relates to funding in respect of two projects providing drug addiction services in County Wicklow. The matter was brought to my attention by Sinn Féin's local councillor in the...
- Special Educational Needs. (3 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle's office for the opportunity to raise this important issue. The Dyslexia Association of Ireland made a presentation to the Joint Committee on Finance and the Public...
- School Placement. (3 speeches)
I thank the Office of the Ceann Comhairle for allowing me raise this matter and the Minister of State, Deputy Seán Haughey, for coming in to address the issue. I have raised the matter of the...