Tuesday, 2 December 2008
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 2.30 p.m.
- Ceisteanna — Questions (0 speeches)
Agreements with Members.
- Agreements with Members. (36 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach the nature of the agreement between the Government and Deputy Jackie Healy-Rae; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [29487/08]
- Departmental Expenditure. (15 speeches)
Question 7: To ask the Taoiseach the level of expenditure by his Department during the first half of 2008; the way in which it compares with the forecast in the Estimates; and if he will make a...
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Energy Resources (10 speeches)
Question 72: To ask the Minister for Communications, Energy and Natural Resources for details of what he envisages to be a proactive Government role in incentivising the purchase of electric...
- Telecommunications Services. (40 speeches)
Question 73: To ask the Minister for Communications, Energy and Natural Resources the evidence he has that the preferred tender for the national broadband scheme will provide high quality...
- Housing Grants. (18 speeches)
Question 75: To ask the Minister for Communications, Energy and Natural Resources if he has new plans to extend a grant or incentive to improve the energy efficiency of existing properties; and...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
Alternative Energy Projects.
- Alternative Energy Projects. (23 speeches)
Question 77: To ask the Minister for Communications, Energy and Natural Resources the bio-fuel strategy with specific reference to liquid bio-fuels to be used in the transport sector; and if he...
- Electricity Generation. (60 speeches)
Question 78: To ask the Minister for Communications, Energy and Natural Resources the consultations he has had with EirGrid on the viability of putting a new electricity grid structure...
- Estimates for Public Services 2008: Message from Select Committee (1 speech)
The Select Committee on Education and Science has completed its consideration of the following Supplementary Estimate for Public Services for the service of the year ending 31 December 2008: Vote 26.
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Mary Upton — the...
- Leaders' Questions (29 speeches)
When the budget was delivered on 14 October, the forecast was for a shortfall in taxes of €6.5 billion. Will the Taoiseach confirm if the November returns are consistent with that forecast?...
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 32 (10 speeches)
Anois, iarratais chun tairisceana a dhéanamh an Dáil a chur ar athló faoi Bhuan Ordú 32. Before coming to the Order of Business, I propose to deal with a number of notices under Standing...
- Order of Business (75 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 7, motion re referral to joint committee on proposed approval by Dáil Éireann of the Regional Fisheries Boards (Postponement of Elections) Order 2008; No. 2,...
- Human Rights Commission (Amendment) Bill 2008: First Stage (5 speeches)
Tairgim: Go gceadófar go dtabharfar isteach Bille dá ngairtear Acht chun Acht an Choimisiúin um Chearta an Duine 2000 a leasú.
- Regional Fisheries Boards: Motion. (1 speech)
I move: That the proposal that Dáil Éireann approves the following Order in draft: Regional Fisheries Boards (Postponement of Elections) Order 2008, copies of which were laid before Dáil...
- Ombudsman (Amendment) Bill 2008: Order for Second Stage (1 speech)
Bill entitled an Act to amend the Ombudsman Act 1980, to provide for the consequential amendment of certain other Acts and to provide for connected matters.
- Ombudsman (Amendment) Bill 2008: Second Stage (13 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." I am pleased to introduce this important legislation. The primary purpose of the Bill is to extend the remit of the Ombudsman and thereby...
- Ombudsman (Amendment) Bill 2008: Referral to Select Committee (1 speech)
I move: That the Bill be referred to the Select Committee on Finance and the Public Service, in accordance with Standing Order 122(1) and paragraph 1(a)(i) of the Orders of Reference of that...
- Nursing Homes Support Scheme Bill 2008: Second Stage (Resumed) (6 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Private Members' Business (0 speeches)
- Agriculture: Motion (113 speeches)
I move: That Dáil Éireann: in view of: the challenges facing Irish agriculture and the need to encourage the maximum transfer of farms into the ownership of young, qualified farmers; the...
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
- Redundant Apprentices. (2 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for permission to raise this matter and the Minister of State, Deputy Devins, for coming in to deal with it. I wish to raise the serious position of the 1,000 to 1,200...
- Leaving Certificate Technology Programme. (5 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for the opportunity to raise this matter. Drimnagh Castle secondary school in Walkinstown is one of the most highly regarded schools in the city of Dublin. It is also...
- School Staffing. (10 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for the opportunity to raise this important issue. Woodford Mercy College has developed a high standard in education at second level. However, the cutbacks...