Tuesday, 27 May 2008
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 2.30 p.m.
- Ceisteanna — Questions (0 speeches)
National Security Committee.
- National Security Committee. (25 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach if he will report on the recent work of the interdepartmental group established to monitor the aftermath of the 2001 terrorist attacks in the United States; and...
- Freedom of Information. (21 speeches)
Question 4: To ask the Taoiseach the number of freedom of information requests received by his Department during February 2008; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [10013/08]
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
Public Private Partnerships.
- Public Private Partnerships. (8 speeches)
Question 88: To ask the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government if he has been in contact with the local authorities regarding the use of public private partnership to...
- Electronic Voting. (10 speeches)
Question 89: To ask the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government if he will introduce electronic voting or electronic counting in time for the forthcoming local elections or...
- Water Quality. (12 speeches)
Question 90: To ask the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government if he is confident that the policies of the Government and its agencies will achieve the targets set down in...
- Tax Code. (10 speeches)
Question 91: To ask the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government if he has been in contact with the Department of Finance or the Commission on Taxation regarding the...
- Building Regulations. (6 speeches)
Question 92: To ask the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government if he will introduce new standards to ensure pyrite does not contaminate building material; his views on...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
- Legislative Programme. (14 speeches)
Question 93: To ask the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government the steps he has taken to introduce legislation that will apply the polluter pays principle to businesses and...
- Planning Issues. (20 speeches)
Question 94: To ask the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government if, following the requirement on all planning authorities to develop or update their policy on taking in...
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Denis Naughten — the...
- Leaders' Questions (31 speeches)
The single biggest decision made by the Irish people will be made on 12 June in respect of the Lisbon treaty. As the Taoiseach is aware, the Lisbon treaty has the full support of the Fine Gael...
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 32 (6 speeches)
Anois, iarratais chun tairiscint a dhéanamh an Dáil a chur ar athló faoi Bhuan Ordú 32. We will now deal with Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 32.
- Order of Business (85 speeches)
The Order of Business today shall be as follows: No. 8, motion re referral to joint committee of proposed approval by Dáil Éireann of the development of a prison in the District Electoral...
- An Bille um an Naoú Leasú is Fiche ar an mBunreacht 2008: An Chéad Chéim. (0 speeches)
- Twenty-ninth Amendment of the Constitution Bill 2008: First Stage (5 speeches)
Tairgím: Go gceadófar go dtabharfar isteach Bille dá ngairtear Acht chun an Bunreacht a leasú. I move: That leave be granted to introduce a Bill entitled the 29th Amendment of the...
- Private Notice Questions (0 speeches)
Dispute in Irish Rail.
- Dispute in Irish Rail. (25 speeches)
I will call on the Deputies who tabled questions to the Minister for Transport in the order in which they submitted their questions to my office.
- Prison Building Programme: Motion (23 speeches)
I move: That Dáil Éireann, noting: that the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform, having considered the need for a new prison in the Dublin area, has decided to proceed with the...
- Prison Building Programme: Referral to Joint Committee (1 speech)
I move: That the proposal that Dáil Éireann approves the development of a prison in the District Electoral Division of Kilsallaghan in the County of Fingal in respect of which copies of...
- Private Members' Business (0 speeches)
- Pupil-Teacher Ratio: Motion (100 speeches)
I move: That Dáil Eireann in view of the promise in the programme for Government 2007 to reduce class sizes, by reducing the staffing schedule from a general rule of at least one teacher for...
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
Cancer Treatment Services.
- Cancer Treatment Services. (2 speeches)
I seek the Minister's immediate intervention in the case of Kerry Anne McLoughlin of Glenballythomas, Tulsk, County Roscommon, a 17 year old girl who has been attending UCHG for the past seven...
- Hospital Services. (5 speeches)
I wish to share time with Deputy Kathleen Lynch.
- Proposed Legislation. (2 speeches)
The matter I raise was referred to me recently by a concerned constituent. While he was attending a food and drinks fair in England, he was given a sample of what is termed a "shot pack". As a...
- Personal Explanation by Member (2 speeches)
Before dealing with the last matter on the Adjournment, Deputy Ulick Burke wishes to inform the House of a correction he wishes to make to the record of the House.
- Adjournment Debate (Resumed). (0 speeches)
- Court Procedures. (2 speeches)
I welcome my constituency colleague, Deputy John Moloney, to the Dáil Chamber in his ministerial capacity and I wish him well in health and happiness in that role. I wish to address the current...