Thursday, 8 May 2008
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Leas-Cheann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Appointment of Members of Government and Ministers of State (13 speeches)
I wish to announce, for the information of the Dáil: (1) that, having informed the President that Dáil Éireann had approved my nomination of Deputies to be members of the Government, the...
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 32 (6 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business I propose to deal with a number of notices under Standing Order 32.
- Order of Business (215 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 10, motion re proposed approval for council framework decision on the organisation and content of the exchange of information extracted from criminal records between...
- European Council Decisions: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That Dáil Éireann approves the exercise by the State of the option or discretion provided by Article 1.11 of the Treaty of Amsterdam to take part in the adoption of the following...
- Message from Seanad (1 speech)
Seanad Éireann has passed the Twenty-eighth Amendment of the Constitution Bill 2008 without amendment.
- Private Members' Business. (0 speeches)
- Management Companies (Housing Developments): Motion (57 speeches)
I move: That Dáil Éireann: notes— that more than 500,000 people live in apartment and mixed developments, there are approximately 303,000 apartments in Ireland, including the 60,000 built...
- Defamation Bill 2006 [Seanad]: Second Stage (3 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." I am pleased to have this opportunity to introduce the Defamation Bill 2006 to the House. This Bill comprehensively reforms the law on...
- Ceisteanna — Questions (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Road Safety. (27 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Minister for Transport when he expects to lower the legal blood-alcohol level for drivers, as has been recommended; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [18001/08]
- Traffic Management. (15 speeches)
Question 2: To ask the Minister for Transport the preparations being undertaken by his Department in terms of managing traffic and potential major disruption to citizens and businesses in...
- Public Transport. (16 speeches)
Question 3: To ask the Minister for Transport the reforms he has planned for public bus transport in the greater Dublin area; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [18002/08]
- Marine Accidents. (7 speeches)
Question 4: To ask the Minister for Transport if the recommendations of the Marine Casualty Investigation Board into the grounding and flooding of an Emerald Star cruiser on Lough Derg on 1...
- Road Safety. (13 speeches)
Question 5: To ask the Minister for Transport his views on whether all aspects of the road safety strategy will be completed within the timeframe; if he has been asked for additional resources...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
- State Airports. (13 speeches)
Question 6: To ask the Minister for Transport if he has been consulted on the recent proposal of the Dublin Airport Authority in its recently announced expansion plans; and if he will make a...
- Road Network. (13 speeches)
Question 7: To ask the Minister for Transport if he will report on his recent approval for a new tranche of public private partnerships for the National Roads Authority's national road...
- Light Rail Project. (13 speeches)
Question 8: To ask the Minister for Transport if he has had discussions with the Railway Procurement Agency regarding the planning failure to properly link up the Dublin Docklands Luas and rail...
- Freight Transport. (9 speeches)
Question 9: To ask the Minister for Transport if he will introduce incentives to encourage freight transport by targeting bottlenecks in the road network as recommended by the recently published...
- Decentralisation Programme. (6 speeches)
Question 10: To ask the Minister for Transport the position regarding the decentralisation programme of his Department; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [17525/08]
- Estimates for Public Services 2008: Message from Select Committee (1 speech)
The Select Committee on Health and Children has completed its consideration of the following Estimates and output statements for public services for the service of the year ending 31 December...
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Fergus O'Dowd — the...
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
- Industrial Disputes. (2 speeches)
I congratulate the Minister of State at the Department of Health and Children, Deputy Barry Andrews, on his appointment. We will lose him from one of our committees, which he chaired expertly....
- State Airports. (3 speeches)
I also congratulate the Minister of State, Deputy Barry Andrews, on his appointment. However, the Minister for Transport, Deputy Noel Dempsey, was in the House earlier to answer oral questions...
- Special Educational Needs. (4 speeches)
I congratulate the Minister of State, Deputy Barry Andrews. I wish him well in the future. We hope to hold him as accountable as his colleagues.
- Environmental Protection. (5 speeches)
I join other Deputies in congratulating the newly appointed Minister of State, Deputy Barry Andrews, and wishing him all the best for the future. I know he will do a great job. I would like to...