Tuesday, 11 December 2007
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 2.30 p.m.
- Ceisteanna — Questions (0 speeches)
- Constitutional Amendments. (22 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach if there are changes to the plans he has for constitutional referendums during 2008; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [29092/07]
- National Centre for Partnership. (35 speeches)
Question 4: To ask the Taoiseach if he will report on the work of the National Economic and Social Forum; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [29228/07]
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Water Services. (13 speeches)
Question 51: To ask the Minister for Education and Science the action she will take in order to help schools pay for the considerable price increase in water following the implementation of...
- Schools Building Projects. (12 speeches)
Question 52: To ask the Minister for Education and Science, further to her reply to Question No. 56 of 13 November 2007, if the promised developing area unit has not yet been established; if...
- Special Educational Needs. (9 speeches)
Question 53: To ask the Minister for Education and Science if she will make a statement on the report on the implementation of the Education for Persons with Special Educational Needs Act...
- Physical Education Facilities. (6 speeches)
Question 54: To ask the Minister for Education and Science the number of primary and post-primary schools here that do not have recourse to physical education and sports facilities; and if...
- Schools Building Projects. (10 speeches)
Question 55: To ask the Minister for Education and Science her views on the establishment of a new secondary school in Lucan south, County Dublin, in view of the considerable demand for...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
- Adult Education. (6 speeches)
Question 56: To ask the Minister for Education and Science the position regarding the implementation of the McIver report; and if she will make a statement on the matter. [34005/07]
- School Curriculum. (12 speeches)
Question 57: To ask the Minister for Education and Science her views on the theory of intelligent design; her plans to introduce intelligent design in both the junior certificate science...
- Legislative Programme. (16 speeches)
Question 58: To ask the Minister for Education and Science when her Department will publish the student support Bill; and if she will make a statement on the matter. [33902/07]
- Student Databases. (2 speeches)
Question 59: To ask the Minister for Education and Science the manner and method in which the post-primary pupil database in her Department is operated and indicate for each of the years...
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Paul Connaughton —...
- Leaders' Questions (10 speeches)
The country is now aware of the extent of the epidemic of cocaine and its consequences for young people. At this moment, several young people are literally fighting for their lives. The...
- Requests to Move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 32 (4 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business, I propose to deal with a number of notices under Standing Order 32. I will call on Deputies in the order in which they submitted their notices to my office.
- Order of Business (57 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 6, motion re appointment of members to committee; No. 2, Social Welfare Bill 2007 — Order for Second Stage and Second Stage, with the debate to be adjourned at 7...
- Appointment of Members to Committee: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That the following members be appointed to the Joint Administration Committee: Deputies Barry Andrews; Ciarán Cuffe; John Curran; Damien English; Michael Finneran; Paul Kehoe; Séamus...
- Social Welfare Bill 2007: Order for Second Stage (1 speech)
Bill entitled an Act to amend and extend the Social Welfare Acts and to amend the Health Contributions Act 1979.
- Social Welfare Bill 2007: Second Stage (23 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." I am pleased to introduce this, the first of two Bills that will implement the social welfare package of €900 million announced last week in...
- Private Members' Business (0 speeches)
- Road Safety: Motion. (19 speeches)
I move: That Dáil Éireann, reiterates its concern on road safety and the continued loss of life on Irish roads; recognises the impact the penalty points system has had on road safety; notes...
- Financial Resolutions 2007 (0 speeches)
- Financial Resolution No. 5: General (Resumed) (271 speeches)
Debate resumed on the following motion:
- Message from Select Committee (1 speech)
The Select Committee on Agriculture, Fisheries and Food has completed its consideration of the following Supplementary Estimate for public services for the service of the year ending 31 December...
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
Patient Transport Service.
- Patient Transport Service. (4 speeches)
I do not mean to show disrespect to the Minister of State at the Department of Education and Science, Deputy Seán Haughey, but it is outrageous that no representative of the Department of Health...
- Hospital Services. (2 speeches)
I understand Deputy Ring's frustration and feel it is a disgrace that, with one Minister and four Ministers of State, no representative of the Department of Health and Children could attend this...
- Institutes of Technology. (2 speeches)
The formal application to the Department of Education and Science by Waterford Institute of Technology seeking upgrading to university status was lodged in February 2006. A spokesman for the...
- Schools Building Projects. (2 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for allowing me the opportunity to raise this matter. I will provide some background information on the application for funding a new school. St. Colman's boys...