Wednesday, 27 June 2007
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Leaders' Questions (61 speeches)
I will now take Leaders' Questions under Standing Order 27, as amended. The standing order allows for a brief question on a matter of topical and public importance from the leaders of the Fine...
- Ceisteanna — Questions (0 speeches)
- European Council. (52 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach if he will report on his meeting with German Chancellor Merkel and Prime Minister Reinfeldt of Sweden; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [16485/07]
- Suspension of Member (1 speech)
Before coming to the Order of Business, I must deal with a postponed division relating to the suspension of a Member. Yesterday, on the question, "That Deputy Michael Ring be suspended from the...
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 32 (4 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business, I propose to deal with a number of notices under Standing Order 32. I will call on Deputies in the order in which they submitted their notices to my office.
- Order of Business (47 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 6, statements on the European Council; No. 2, Finance (No. 2) Bill 2007 — Order for Committee, Committee and Remaining Stages; and No. 3, Ministers and Secretaries...
- European Council: Statements. (38 speeches)
I attended the European Council on 21 and 22 June and into the morning of 23 June, in Brussels. I was accompanied by the Minister for Foreign Affairs, Deputy Dermot Ahern and the Minister of...
- Ceisteanna — Questions (Resumed) (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
Hospitals Building Programme
- Hospitals Building Programme (22 speeches)
Question 63: To ask the Minister for Health and Children her actions in recent months in the development of the new national tertiary paediatric hospital; and if she will make a statement on the...
- Hospital Services. (10 speeches)
Question 64: To ask the Minister for Health and Children her plans for dealing with the crisis that currently exists at Mid-Western Regional Hospital where patients in need of dialysis have been...
- Health Service Funding. (13 speeches)
Question 65: To ask the Minister for Health and Children her views on the disclosure that the Health Service Executive handed back almost €100 million in unspent money to the Exchequer in...
- Departmental Bodies. (20 speeches)
Question 66: To ask the Minister for Health and Children if, in view of recent comments by the chief executive officer of the Health Service Executive regarding aspects of the health service,...
- Accident and Emergency Services. (6 speeches)
Question 67: To ask the Minister for Health and Children if she is satisfied with the finding of the recently published accident and emergency task force report which states that at least seven...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
- Hospital Services. (19 speeches)
Question 68: To ask the Minister for Health and Children her plans with regard to Tallaght Children's Hospital; and if all medical and surgical services presently provided by the hospital will...
- Hospital Waiting Lists. (52 speeches)
Question 69: To ask the Minister for Health and Children the reason the Health Service Executive did not introduce the six hour target waiting time for relevant hospitals on 1 February 2007 as...
- Health Services. (17 speeches)
Question 70: To ask the Minister for Health and Children if the €71 million the Health Service Executive failed to spend on capital projects in 2006 can be carried over to fund capital...
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Charles Flanagan — the...
- Finance (No. 2) Bill 2007: Order for Committee Stage. (1 speech)
I move: "That Committee Stage be taken now."
- Finance (No. 2) Bill 2007: Committee and Remaining Stages. (64 speeches)
- Ministers and Secretaries (Ministers of State) Bill 2007: Order for Second Stage (1 speech)
Bill entitled an Act to provide for the increase in the number of ministers of state who may be appointed by the Government under section 1(1) of the Ministers and Secretaries (Amendment) (No. 2)...
- Ministers and Secretaries (Ministers of State) Bill 2007: Second and Subsequent Stages. (9 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." This Bill is required to give effect to the decision by the Government to increase the maximum number of Ministers of State from 17 to 20. As...
- Private Members' Business (0 speeches)
Co-location of Hospitals: Motion (Resumed).
- Ministers and Secretaries (Ministers of State) Bill 2007: Second Stage (Resumed) (8 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Ministers and Secretaries (Ministers of State) Bill 2007: Committee and Remaining Stages (32 speeches)
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
Services for People with Disabilities.
- Services for People with Disabilities. (2 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for allowing me to raise this matter. The individual involved is 18 years old and after spending 13 years at the Nano Nagle special school in Listowel, she commenced a...
- State Airports. (3 speeches)
I wish to share time with Deputy Creed. The issue I raise arises from the decision by a former Minister for Transport, Deputy Seamus Brennan, to break up Aer Rianta into three airport...
- Public Transport. (2 speeches)
I thank the Leas-Cheann Comhairle for the opportunity to raise the issue of public transport services, particularly bus services, in the greater Dublin area, but it is unfortunate the Minister...
- Schools Building Projects. (2 speeches)
I join my colleagues in congratulating Deputy Howlin on his recent election to the position of Leas-Cheann Comhairle. I also thank the office of the Ceann Comhairle for allowing me to address...