Wednesday, 7 December 2005
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Business of Dáil. (6 speeches)
Before proceeding with today's business I am pleased to announce that the joint committee on broadcasting and parliamentary information has arranged for the proceedings of Dáil Éireann and...
- Leaders' Questions. (17 speeches)
The first torpedo has been fired in respect of this budget day. Some time ago the Taoiseach said in the House: Deputy Kenny and I have been Members of the House for long enough to know that there...
- Ceisteanna — Questions. (0 speeches)
- Irish Language. (27 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach the progress his Department has made in meeting the bilingual demands of the Official Languages Act 2003; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [30217/05]
- Commemorative Events. (24 speeches)
Question 4: To ask the Taoiseach his plans to commemorate the Easter Rising of 1916; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [31337/05]
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 31. (6 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business, I propose to deal with a number of notices under Standing Order 31.
- Order of Business. (78 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 22a— Budget Statement and the financial motions by the Minister for Finance 2005, to be taken on the conclusion of questions to members of the Government. It is...
- Private Members' Business. (0 speeches)
- Good Samaritan Bill 2005: Second Stage (Resumed). (35 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Ceisteanna — Questions (Resumed). (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions. (0 speeches)
EU Battle Groups.
- EU Battle Groups. (4 speeches)
Question 51: To ask the Minister for Defence if he has received the interdepartmental reports of possible Irish involvement in EU battle groups; the recommendations of same; and if he will make a...
- Defence Forces Equipment. (6 speeches)
Question 52: To ask the Minister for Defence the protocol and regulations in place for the use of Defence Forces weapons at public or publicity events; the safety guidelines that govern the use...
- Overseas Missions. (14 speeches)
Question 53: To ask the Minister for Defence if his attention has been drawn to the concerns expressed by RACO about his proposal for officer reductions abroad; his views on these concerns; and...
- Defence Forces Training. (8 speeches)
Question 55: To ask the Minister for Defence the application or recruitment procedure for the training courses delivered to foreign soldiers at the Defence Forces training centre, Curragh Camp,...
- Other Questions. (0 speeches)
- Decentralisation Programme. (12 speeches)
Question 56: To ask the Minister for Defence the situation regarding the decentralisation of the civilian staff at the Department of Defence; the number of persons who will move; the number who...
- Ministerial Meetings. (12 speeches)
Question 57: To ask the Minister for Defence if he will report on his attendance at the EU's General Affairs and External Relations Council meeting in November 2005; his views on the agreement...
- Defence Forces Property. (4 speeches)
Question 58: To ask the Minister for Defence the amount of revenue obtained from the sale of property in his Department; the percentage of same which was re-invested in the Defence Forces; and if...
- Military Police Investigations. (10 speeches)
Question 59: To ask the Minister for Defence the efforts being made by his Department to bring to justice the prime suspect for the brutal murder of two Irish soldiers in Lebanon in April 1980;...
- Emergency Planning. (8 speeches)
Question 60: To ask the Minister for Defence if the Government task force on emergency planning has met since the 7 July 2005 bombings in London to consider the way in which Ireland will deal...
Official Engagements. (17 speeches)
Question 61: To ask the Minister for Defence if he will report on his speech to the biennial conference of the Representative Association of Commissioned Officers; and if he will make a statement...
- Defence Forces Medical Staff. (6 speeches)
Question 62: To ask the Minister for Defence the establishment for medical doctors in the Defence Forces; the number of doctors serving; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [38136/05]
- Message from Seanad. (1 speech)
Seanad Éireann has passed the Transfer of Execution of Sentences Bill 2003, without amendment.
- Message from Select Committee. (1 speech)
The Select Committee on Arts, Sport, Tourism, Community, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs has completed its consideration of the following Estimates for Public Services for the service of the year...
- Financial Resolutions 2005. (0 speeches)
- Budget Statement 2005. (239 speeches)
Before calling on the Minister for Finance, I remind Members that the budget documents being circulated remain confidential until the Minister has made his statement. They should not be taken...
- Allocation of Time: Motion. (4 speeches)
I move: That, notwithstanding anything in Standing Orders, the Financial Motions by the Minister for Finance shall for the purpose of debate be moved and grouped together in accordance with the...
- Financial Resolutions 2006. (0 speeches)
- Financial Resolution No. 1: Mineral Oils. (12 speeches)
I move: (1) THAT for the purposes of the tax charged by virtue of section 95 of the Finance Act 1999 (No. 2 of 1999), that Act is amended, with effect as on and from 8 December 2005, by...
- Financial Resolution No. 2: Income Tax. (76 speeches)
I move Financial Resolution No. 2: (1) THAT, as respects the year of assessment 2006 and subsequent years of assessment, the Taxes Consolidation Act 1997 (No. 39 of 1997) be amended in subsection...
- Financial Resolution No. 3: Income Tax. (1 speech)
I move: (1) THAT section 248 of the Taxes Consolidation Act 1997 (No. 39 of 1997) be amended— (a) in subsection (1)(a), by substituting, as respects a loan which is made after 7 December 2005,...
- Financial Resolution No. 4: Income Tax. (17 speeches)
I move: (1) THAT, as respects the year of assessment 2005 and subsequent years of assessment, Part 30 of the Taxes Consolidation Act 1997 (No. 39 of 1997) be amended by inserting, in Chapter 4,...
- Financial Resolution No. 5: General. (1 speech)
I move Financial Resolution No. 5: THAT it is expedient to amend the law relating to inland revenue (including value-added tax and excise) and to make further provision in connection with finance.