Written answers

Thursday, 19 January 2023

Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport

Road Projects

Photo of Catherine MurphyCatherine Murphy (Kildare North, Social Democrats)
Link to this: Individually | In context

172. To ask the Minister for Transport, Tourism and Sport if he will provide a schedule of updates for the development of new vehicular and or pedestrian bridges in Celbridge, Newbridge and Clane in County Kildare. [2481/23]

Photo of Eamon RyanEamon Ryan (Dublin Bay South, Green Party)
Link to this: Individually | In context

As Minister for Transport, I have responsibility for policy and overall funding in relation to Active Travel. Funding is administered through the National Transport Authority (NTA), who, in partnership with local authorities, have responsibility for the selection and development of specific projects in each local authority area.

Noting the role of the NTA in the development of pedestrian bridges, I have referred your question to that agency for a more detailed answer. If you do not receive a reply within 10 working days, please contact my private office.

With regards to vehicular bridges, each local authority is the statutory road authority for its area and in this context Kildare County Council can advise the Deputy on its proposed developments such as the proposed Celbridge to Hazelhatch Link road which is currently being funded by the Department of Housing, Local Government and Heritage under the Urban Regeneration and Development Fund.


No comments

Log in or join to post a public comment.