Written answers

Wednesday, 2 March 2022

Department of Justice and Equality

Work Permits

Photo of Patricia RyanPatricia Ryan (Kildare South, Sinn Fein)
Link to this: Individually | In context | Oireachtas source

153. To ask the Tánaiste and Minister for Justice and Equality the options open to a person from Brazil who has been living in Ireland since they were three years of age whose parents did not register them when they reached sixteen years of age and who is seeking a stamp 4 to enable them to work; and if she will make a statement on the matter. [11908/22]

Photo of Helen McEnteeHelen McEntee (Meath East, Fine Gael)
Link to this: Individually | In context | Oireachtas source

The person that the Deputy is referring to should contact their local immigration office who will advise on the necessary steps to regularise their permission to be in the State. The Deputy hasn't provided any specific information in relation to the person so it is not possible to give any substantive guidance.

Once a person has reached the age of 16 years of age, they are required to register with their local immigration office. First time registrations outside of the Dublin area are processed by the Garda National Immigration Bureau (GNIB) through the Garda Station network and securing of those appointments with GNIB are a matter for An Garda Síochána. The Registration Office of my Department registers permissions for those residing in the Dublin area.

Minors under the age of 18 are exempt from paying the registration fee. 

Information on how register for the first time is available on my Department's website here: 



No comments

Log in or join to post a public comment.