Thursday, 2 December 2021
Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport
23. To ask the Minister for Transport, Tourism and Sport the steps he has taken to improve ventilation in the office buildings of his Department; if air cleaning and or purification systems have been installed in 2021; and if not, the plans to install same in 2022. [59730/21]
I am committed to ensuring that all of my Department's offices provide a safe environment for staff and the citizen. The Department is acutely aware of the importance ventilation in reducing the transmission of COVID-19 and has taken the following steps to improve ventilation in our office buildings:
- Where natural ventilation is available Staff have been advised to open windows when attending the office to maximise ventilation and to allow for a quick exchange of air.
- Signage has been installed on all windows indicating which windows should be opened.
- Regular communications including the information above is being shared with staff through various communication channels.
- Staff have been instructed not to use desk or portable fans.