Tuesday, 12 October 2021
Department of Children, Equality, Disability, Integration and Youth
365. To ask the Minister for Children, Equality, Disability, Integration and Youth the programmes, further supports and initiatives that are funded under programme B:5 sectoral programmes for children and young persons in the 2021 Revised Estimates. [49604/21]
My Department operates a number of early learning and school-age childcare funding schemes which are, in the main, administered by Pobal on behalf of my Department. In 2021, some €88.7m was made available under the B5 subhead.
Funding under this allocation is used to pay for Pobal’s administration of early learning and school-age childcare funding schemes. Also thirty County Childcare Committees (CCCs) are funded under this sub-head.
Funding is provided to Tusla to conduct its statutory pre-school inspection role. Funding is also provided to a number of Voluntary Childcare Organisations to support my Department in the delivery of the early learning and school-age childcare funding schemes. The vetting of the sector is also funded under this sub-head.
Schemes administered under the B5 subhead are:
- ELC and SAC Capital Programme
- Childminding Development Grant
- Parent and Toddler Grant
- Learner Fund
- AIM Programme Supports
The remainder of the funding is allocated to support the ELC and SAC sector, and in particular:
- implementation of the First 5 Strategy
- development of the workforce development plan
- rollout of National Síolta Aistear Initiative
- rollout of childminding Initiatives
- sustainable supports