Written answers

Thursday, 15 July 2021

Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection

Social Insurance

Photo of Duncan SmithDuncan Smith (Dublin Fingal, Labour)
Link to this: Individually | In context | Oireachtas source

261. To ask the Minister for Employment Affairs and Social Protection if she will provide the social insurance contribution record of a person (details supplied) in Ireland; if such contributions can be taken into account in determining pension entitlements in the United Kingdom; and if she will make a statement on the matter. [38747/21]

Photo of Heather HumphreysHeather Humphreys (Cavan-Monaghan, Fine Gael)
Link to this: Individually | In context | Oireachtas source

The Records Section of my Department is responsible for the maintenance and issuing of social insurance records in respect of social insurance contributors to the Irish social insurance system.

I can advise the Deputy that if the personal public service number (PPSN) of the person concerned is provided to the Records Section via the dedicated TD mailbox, ContributionHistoryRecords@welfare.ie, a statement of social insurance contributions will be issued promptly to the person concerned.

I am aware that an officer in the Records Section has contacted the Deputy's office to advise of the position.

As to the determination of pension entitlements under the UK social security system, the Pension Service in that jurisdiction would be in a position to advise on how a contributor's Irish social insurance contributions would be treated for pension purposes there.

I trust this clarifies the matter for the Deputy.


No comments

Log in or join to post a public comment.