Thursday, 1 April 2021
Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection
248. To ask the Minister for Employment Affairs and Social Protection if she will provide a breakdown of the higher executive officers, administration officers, assistant principal officers, principal officers and assistant secretaries in her Department by gender in tabular form. [17917/21]
The below tables provide a breakdown of the higher executive officers, administration officers, assistant principal officers, principal officers and assistant secretaries in my Department by gender. These figures are as at the end of February and are full time equivalents. The figure for full time equivalents takes account of staff that avail of work-share options.
|Higher Executive Officer||957.64||486.34|
249. To ask the Minister for Employment Affairs and Social Protection if a schedule will be provided of the data sets, databases and file types her Department has shared with the Department of Health since 2000. [17979/21]
My Department shares data with the Department of Health, primarily for the purpose of assisting with the delivery of services to their customers. However, it is not possible to provide an inventory to cover all such data sharing over the extended period covered in the question, especially in view of the short time frame available.
As an indication of the type of data sharing that is undertaken between the two Departments, we cite the following examples;
- Means data is shared on a case by case basis to support the processing of medical card applications.
- Client identity data is shared to facilitate the allocation of unique health identifier (IHI), and
- data has been provided at times to support national health screening initiatives.
If the Deputy has a specific area of interest or concern, she is welcome to communicate directly with the Office of the Deputy Secretary at and every effort will be made to facilitate the request.
i trust this clarifies the matter for the Deputy.