Tuesday, 28 July 2020
Department of Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht
306. To ask the Minister for Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht when film shoots and sets are permitted to resume work; if it will be 10 August 2020; if not, when; and if she will make a statement on the matter. [18853/20]
In line with the Government Roadmap, film production can resume in Phase 3 of the Roadmap which took effect from 29 June 2020. In anticipation of the return to production Screen Producers Ireland, in consultation with key industry stakeholders and with funding from Screen Skills Ireland’s Screen Stakeholders Funding Scheme, Screen Producers Ireland published COVID-19 Production Guidelines for live action film and TV drama which were developed in the context of the Government Return to Work Safely Protocols and which will be updated as appropriate, as Government public health advice changes and evolves. As is the case across the economy, all businesses that seek to reopen must ensure that they are in a position to do safely and in line with the continued public health measures.
307. To ask the Minister for Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht when a report (details supplied) in relation to the film and television sector and other artists will be available; the details of same; and if she will make a statement on the matter. [18948/20]
The Report to which the Deputy refers is being prepared by an independent State body under the Workplace Relations Act 2015 and whose Board is appointed by the Minister for Business, Enterprise and Innovation.
Last Autumn, following a joint request by the Irish Congress of Trade Unions, the Services, Industry, Professional and Technical Union (SIPTU), and Screen Producers Ireland, the organisation in question undertook an audit of the Republic of Ireland Independent Film and Television Drama Production Sector with a view to:
- examining industrial relations generally, employment practices and procedure,
- assessing issues arising (if any), and
- making recommendations for their improvement where appropriate.
Submissions were invited and accepted on these matters and I understand a report will be published in due course. When available, the report will be studied by my Department.