Written answers

Thursday, 5 March 2020

Photo of Bernard DurkanBernard Durkan (Kildare North, Fine Gael)
Link to this: Individually | In context | Oireachtas source

106. To ask the Minister for Finance the status of employment here in the case of a person (details supplied); and if he will make a statement on the matter. [3811/20]

Photo of Paschal DonohoePaschal Donohoe (Dublin Central, Fine Gael)
Link to this: Individually | In context | Oireachtas source

A single person in employment in the State is entitled to an annual Personal Tax Credit of €1,650 (€3,300 for married persons or civil partners) and an annual maximum Employee Tax Credit of €1,650. Persons employed in certain trades or professions can also receive an annual ‘flat rate expenses’ deduction. These entitlements reduce the amount of tax that is liable to be paid on a person’s income.

Revenue have advised that the person in question has a current employment on record and is in receipt of the appropriate tax credits, deductions and rate band entitlements based on the information provided. Revenue has also confirmed that the person is paying the correct amounts of tax and Universal Social Charge (USC) based on his recorded status.

If any person has concerns that their tax credit or rate band entitlements are not correctly reflected, they should contact Revenue’s National PAYE Helpline at telephone number 01-7383636 to discuss the matter. Alternatively, the person can claim any additional entitlements through Revenue’s online MyAccount service, available at: .


No comments

Log in or join to post a public comment.