Written answers

Thursday, 5 March 2020

Department of Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation

Work Permits Applications

Photo of Bernard DurkanBernard Durkan (Kildare North, Fine Gael)
Link to this: Individually | In context | Oireachtas source

476. To ask the Minister for Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation if consideration will be given to offering a work permit in the case of a person (details supplied); and if she will make a statement on the matter. [3804/20]

Photo of Heather HumphreysHeather Humphreys (Cavan-Monaghan, Fine Gael)
Link to this: Individually | In context | Oireachtas source

In order to work in the State all non-EEA nationals require a valid employment permit or relevant immigration permission from the Minister for Justice and Equality which allows them to reside and work in the State without the requirement for an employment permit. 

A non-EEA national who has been granted permission to remain in the State by the Department of Justice and Equality as a registered student is permitted to work 20 hours a week during term time and 40 hours a week during holiday periods.  Queries relating to this permission should be addressed to the Department of Justice and Equality.

There does not appear to be a current employment permit application for the named person (details supplied).  An application for an employment permit by the named person will be considered should such an application be made, subject to the application fulfilling all relevant criteria. 

In order to apply for an employment permit a non-EEA national must have secured a job offer for an eligible occupation from an Irish registered employer.

Details on how to apply for an employment permit are available on my Department's website at the following link:

In order to assist with the application process, the Department has produced a suite of information including various checklist documents, a "User Guide" to our online application system and a comprehensive FAQ document which answers the most common queries received regarding employment permits.  All this information can be found in the Employment Permit section of my Department’s website at www.dbei.gov.ie


No comments

Log in or join to post a public comment.