Written answers

Thursday, 5 March 2020

Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade

Working Holiday Visas

Photo of Michael Healy-RaeMichael Healy-Rae (Kerry, Independent)
Link to this: Individually | In context | Oireachtas source

36. To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs and Trade if a matter regarding a holiday visa for a person (details supplied) will be addressed; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [2601/20]

Photo of Simon CoveneySimon Coveney (Cork South Central, Fine Gael)
Link to this: Individually | In context | Oireachtas source

The Working Holiday Agreement between Ireland and the United States allows Irish and US citizens to work and travel in each others' country for up to 12 months. Citizens of the United States may avail of the programme on more than one occasion as long as they meet all of the requirements each time.

However, applicants may not apply for a second or subsequent WHA programme for at least one year after the date of expiry of their previous WHA. Furthermore, applicants seeking to apply to the programme for a second or subsequent time must have abided by the terms of their previous WHA(s) and must have left Ireland before expiry of their previous WHA(s).  Further information is available on www.dfa.ie/irish-embassy/usa/our-services/visas/working-holiday-authorisation/.

US citizens do not need a visa to come to Ireland for tourism or similar reasons. However, other immigration procedures apply. Further details are available on www.inis.gov.ie. 


No comments

Log in or join to post a public comment.