Wednesday, 18 December 2019
Department of Rural and Community Development
Recreational Facilities Provision
429. To ask the Minister for Rural and Community Development when new applications will be accepted under the CLÁR programme to assist in the provision of playground facilities and safety measures at schools; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [53866/19]
As the Deputy will be aware, I reopened the CLÁR programme in 2016, following a number of years when the scheme was closed for new applications. Since then, almost €33 million has been approved for funding over 1,400 projects under the programme.
The type of projects which have been supported include:
- safety measures around schools and community facilities;
- the provision of play areas;
- supports for emergency First Responders; and
- ameasure to provide vehicles to transport people to Cancer Care and respite centres.
I intend to launch a further call for proposals under CLÁR in the New Year and, in that context, I will be considering the nature of the measures to be supported. Full details will be made available when the programme is announced.