Written answers

Tuesday, 3 December 2019

Department of Finance

Vehicle Registration

Photo of Michael McGrathMichael McGrath (Cork South Central, Fianna Fail)
Link to this: Individually | In context | Oireachtas source

122. To ask the Minister for Finance if he will assist a person (details supplied) in County Cork to resolve a VRT issue that has arisen concerning an imported vehicle; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [49739/19]

Photo of Paschal DonohoePaschal Donohoe (Dublin Central, Fine Gael)
Link to this: Individually | In context | Oireachtas source

To register an imported used car, a person must produce the ‘foreign registration certificate’ or ‘certificate of de-registration’ as issued by the relevant registration authority in the ‘exporting’ State. The procedures for registering an imported used car and the documents required are clearly set out on Revenue’s website at and the NCTS website at ,which may be of interest to the Deputy.

Revenue has advised me that on learning of the person’s difficulties invited him to attend a meeting at its Cork office to discuss the matter. This meeting has since taken place and the matter is now fully resolved.


No comments

Log in or join to post a public comment.