Written answers

Thursday, 7 November 2019

Department of Justice and Equality

Residency Permits

Photo of Bernard DurkanBernard Durkan (Kildare North, Fine Gael)
Link to this: Individually | In context | Oireachtas source

94. To ask the Tánaiste and Minister for Justice and Equality the procedure to be followed to regularise status in the case of a person (details supplied); and if he will make a statement on the matter. [45935/19]

Photo of Charles FlanaganCharles Flanagan (Laois, Fine Gael)
Link to this: Individually | In context | Oireachtas source

I am informed by my officials that the person's presence in the State may be unlawful as their most recent permission to remain in the State expired in June 2012. I am further advised that the Immigration Service has no record of an outstanding request from the person concerned for permission to remain in the State.

The Deputy will appreciate that, under the relevant provisions of the Immigration Act, 2004, a non-national may not be in the State other than within the terms of a permission from the Minister for Justice and Equality. In order to allow for a full examination of the person's circumstances, the person concerned should write to Unit 1, Domestic Residence and Permissions Division, Immigration Service, 13/14 Burgh Quay, Dublin 2 and provide a detailed account and documentary evidence of their personal circumstances since they entered the State.

Queries in relation to the status of individual immigration cases may be made directly to the Immigration Service of my Department by e-mail using the Oireachtas Mail facility which has been specifically established for this purpose. This service enables up to date information on such cases to be obtained without the need to seek information by way of the Parliamentary Questions process. The Deputy may consider using the e-mail service except in cases where the response from the Immigration Service is, in the Deputy’s view, inadequate or too long awaited.


No comments

Log in or join to post a public comment.