Thursday, 11 July 2019
Department of Justice and Equality
359. To ask the Tánaiste and Minister for Justice and Equality the Bills in his Department undergoing drafting; the drafting status of each Bill; the Government Bills for which amendments are being drafted; the Private Members' Bills for which amendments are undergoing drafting and which have passed Committee Stage; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [31309/19]
The Deputy will be very familiar with the various stages which legislation goes through prior to its enactment as law, its progress being dependent on various factors, including the cooperation of Members of these Houses.
My colleague the Chief Whip outlined earlier today the significant progress made on the legislative programme during the current Dáil term, with 34 Bills either enacted to date or due to pass both Houses of the Oireachtas by the end of this week. This includes 13 Acts or Bills sponsored by my Department.
A further Bill, the Disability (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 2016 remains before the Oireachtas having completed Committee Stage on 30th January.
In addition to this, the following Bills are currently being drafted in consultation with the Office of the Parliamentary Counsel:
- Communications (Data Retention and Disclosure) Bill
- Criminal Justice (Money Laundering & Terrorist Financing)(Amendment) Bill
- Criminal Justice (Mutual Recognition of Decisions on Supervision Measures) Bill
- Criminal Justice Bill
- Criminal Records (Exchange of Information) Bill
- Criminal Justice (Community Sanctions) Bill
- Criminal Procedure Bill
- European Convention on Human Rights (Compensation for delays in Court proceedings) Bill
- Sex Offenders (Amendment) Bill
- Transfer of Sentenced Persons (Amendment) Bill
- Harassment, Harmful Communications and Related Offences (PMB) Bill 2017
- Transfer of Sentenced Persons and Transfer of Execution of Sentences Bill
- Landlord and Tenant Law Reform Bill
- Courts and Civil Law (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 2017
- Explosives Bill
- Parental Leave and Benefit Bill.