Thursday, 11 July 2019
Department of Defence
105. To ask the Taoiseach and Minister for Defence the different income streams directly paid by persons to his Department or agencies under his remit, such as motor tax; the number of persons making annual payments; the value of same; the number of payments made through staged or increment payments; the value of same; the additional income generated as a result of payments being made on an incremental basis; if incremental payments are not available, the reason for same; the corresponding figures for 1999 and 2009; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [30851/19]
My Department does not receive staged or incremental payments in the manner referenced in this question, however, certain individual receipts processed through normal financial or payroll channels are received as Appropriation’s-in-Aid throughout the year.
Examples of Appropriation’s-in-Aid received in the Defence Vote would include the following;
- Receipts from Occupation of Official Quarters - (Through Payroll)
- Receipts from Rations and other Issues on Repayment – (Through Payroll)
- Pension Related Deductions from Defence Sector Personnel (Through Payroll)
- Receipts for the letting of Land and Premises (Payment by Individuals).
- Receipts from Discharge by Purchase (Payment by Individuals)