Thursday, 11 July 2019
Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine
Beef Environmental Efficiency Scheme Pilot
712. To ask the Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine the number of applications to the beef environmental efficiency pilot scheme by the closing deadline by county in tabular form; the number of applications approved and not approved; and the number of approved applications in which payments have issued. [31205/19]
The Beef Environmental Efficiency Pilot (BEEP) is a one year pilot to further increase economic and environmental efficiency in the suckler herd through better quality data on herd performance, supporting decision making on farm.
There are currently 19,131 participants in BEEP, a breakdown of which, by county, is provided in the following table.
|County||No. of Applicants|
Requirements of the Pilot include:
1. All Calves being submitted for weighing must be born between 01 July 2018 and 30 June 2019.
2. Unweaned Live Calf and Dam must be weighed on the applicant's holding on the same day.
3. Only scales registered and used in accordance with the requirements of Annex 1 of the Terms and Conditions of the Pilot may be employed for the purposes of this Pilot.
4. Weights must be submitted between 08 March 2019 and 01 November 2019 in accordance with Annex 1 of the Terms and Conditions of the Pilot.
On compliance with these requirements and the Terms and Conditions of the Pilot, applicants will be approved for payment.