Thursday, 11 July 2019
Department of Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation
Economic Growth Initiatives
423. To ask the Minister for Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation the action and corresponding timeline for delivery in each year over the 2019 to 2025 period under the five pillars under Future Jobs Ireland; the actions targeted for 2019 and corresponding timeline to be completed; and the actions completed or not completed by the timelines set to date in 2019. [31117/19]
On 10 March 2019, I, along with the Taoiseach and the Minister for Finance and Public Expenditure and Reform, launchedFuture Jobs Ireland 2019: Preparing Now for Tomorrow's Economy.This whole-of-Government framework, which forms a key part of Ireland’s economic agenda over the medium term, aims to ensure our enterprises and workers are resilient and prepared for future challenges and opportunities
Future Jobs Ireland 2019 is the first in a series of annual reports as part of a multi-annual framework. It outlines 2019's ambitions and deliverables and also longer-term ambitions for the future of the economy. Each year we will set out the steps to deliver on these ambitions with the ultimate goal of increasing the resilience of our economy and future-proofing it.
Future Jobs Ireland focuses on five Pillars in the areas of:
1. embracing innovation and technological change;
2. improving SME productivity;
3. enhancing skills and developing and attracting talent;
4. increasing participation in the labour force; and
5. transitioning to a low carbon economy.
Future Jobs Ireland 2019 includes 26 meaningful and impactful Ambitions which contain 127 Deliverables in total for completion in 2019. These Deliverables are built on extensive engagement, including through the national Future Jobs Summit held in November 2018 which brought Government and stakeholders together to discuss the Pillars within Future Jobs Ireland. The Deliverables for 2019 are outlined in the table at the link. Each Deliverable has a quantifiable output, lead Department and timeframe the details of which can be found in Appendix A of Future Jobs Ireland 2019 available on gov.ie ().
Implementation of Future Jobs Ireland 2019 is ongoing. It is expected that a Progress Report providing an update on the progress of the Deliverables that were to be implemented in the first half of the year will be published shortly.