Tuesday, 18 June 2019
Department of Health
Hospital Waiting Lists Data
317. To ask the Minister for Health the number of patients waiting less than 12, 12 to 24, 24 to 36 and more than 36 months for MRI scans at University Hospital Kerry; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [24905/19]
The HSE advise that a pilot project commenced in 2016 by the HSE Acute Hospitals Division to progress the collection of national radiology waiting list data. The project has been supported by the Radiology Clinical Care Programme and has involved key stakeholders across the system including the National Integrated Medical Imaging System Team, Hospital Groups, and the support of the National Treatment Purchase Fund for data collection and data management expertise.
The HSE further advise that the waiting list data provided should be reviewed in light of the caveats below, and in this context that data should not be quoted or circulated without these caveats:
- Data contains urgent, routine and surveillance/planned activity which is currently not broken down in detail, as such this includes surveillance/planned activity which may not be exceeding planned date
- Data is still undergoing validation at Hospital and Hospital Group level
- Data does not take into account local nuances at site level (Site profile developed to support understanding of same)
- The purpose of this aggregate data is to provide a National Level overview of the number of patients waiting for modalities of CT, MR and US.
- This report is not intended to be used for the active management of hospital diagnostics waiting list, local reports and mechanisms should continue to be used for the management of diagnostics waiting lists at hospital level."
MRI waiting times at University Hospital Kerry - The figures below represents the position as of April 1st 2019
|0-3 mths||3-6 mths||6-9 mths||9-12 mths||12-15 mths||15-18 mths||18+ mths||Total|