Tuesday, 26 February 2019
Department of Finance
126. To ask the Minister for Finance the number of staff in his Department who attended a summit (details supplied) in Dublin in 2017 and 2018, respectively; the cost to his Department or agency under the remit of his Department; if his Department or an agency under the remit of his Department undertook advertising or sponsorship in respect of the summit; the cost in this regard; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [9203/19]
I would like to advise the Deputy that two (2) members of staff of the Department of Finance attended the Summit in 2017 and that no staff member attended the Summit in 2018. The total cost was €700.00. (seven hundred euro). The Department did not undertake any advertising or sponsorship at the Summit.
As the Deputy may be aware there are eighteen (18) bodies under the aegis of the Department of Finance. I am informed that staff from two (2) of the bodies attended the Summit in 2017 and staff from four (4) of the bodies attended the Summit in 2018.
In 2017, one (1) staff member from the Office of the Revenue Commissioners and twenty (20) staff members from the National Treasury Management Agency (NTMA) attended the Summit and the cost was €860 (eight hundred and sixty euro) and €7,000 (seven thousand euro) respectively.
I wish to advise the deputy that in 2018,
- one (1) staff member from the Office of the Revenue Commissioners attended the Summit at a cost of €1,050, (one thousand and fifty euro)
- forty-three (43) staff members from the NTMA attended the summit at a cost of €17,200, (seventeen thousand two hundred euro)
- seven (7) staff from the National Asset Management Agency (NAMA) attended the summit at a cost of €2,800 (two thousand eight hundred euro) and
- thirty (30) staff from the Central bank attended the summit at a cost of €12,000 (twelve thousand euro).
I wish to advise the Deputy, that I am advised that none of the bodies under the aegis of Department of Finance undertook any advertising or sponsorship in respect of the Pendulum Summit in 2017 or 2018.