Written answers

Tuesday, 26 February 2019

Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection

Carer's Allowance Applications

Photo of John McGuinnessJohn McGuinness (Carlow-Kilkenny, Fianna Fail)
Link to this: Individually | In context | Oireachtas source

611. To ask the Minister for Employment Affairs and Social Protection if full payment of a carer's allowance will issue to a person (details supplied). [9263/19]

Photo of Regina DohertyRegina Doherty (Meath East, Fine Gael)
Link to this: Individually | In context | Oireachtas source

Carer's allowance (CA) is a means-tested social assistance payment made to a person who is habitually resident in the State and who is providing full-time care and attention to a child or an adult who has such a disability that as a result they require that level of care. An increased payment can be made where full-time care is being provided to two people.

The person concerned is in receipt of CA for her spouse since 27 July 2017.

My department informs me that no application has been received from the person concerned in respect of a second care recipient.

If the person concerned wishes to make an application, she should complete and return an application form (CR1) to carer's allowance section as soon as possible in order that my Department may determine her entitlement to CA. I have arranged for an application form to issue to the person at their home address.

I hope this clarifies the matter for the Deputy.


No comments

Log in or join to post a public comment.