Thursday, 8 March 2018
Department of Rural and Community Development
Departmental Staff Data
541. To ask the Minister for Rural and Community Development the number of staff assigned in his Department to the press office, public relations or communications roles in each year since 2015; the positions by staffing grade and designated role; when each new position came into existence; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [11709/18]
My Department was established on 19 July 2017, to deliver on the Government’s commitment to bring a greater degree of coordination and cohesion to all of the work of Government in so far as it impacts on rural Ireland and communities.
I can confirm that, on 14 August 2017, I appointed a Press Adviser, the role includes:
- Provision and oversight of press information and liaison on my behalf (working with the Department’s Press Officer and Press Office staff),
- Liaison, on my behalf, with the Government Press Office (working with the Department’s Press Officer and Press Office staff), and with Department Officials on media aspects of policy;
- Adviser on external communications and publicity on my behalf;
- Liaison with team of Media Advisers across Government.
My Department has assigned two staff, full-time, to the Press office, a Press Officer who is an Executive Officer who manages the day-to-day press office functions, and a Clerical officer who provides administrative support.