Tuesday, 29 November 2016
Department of Housing, Planning, Community and Local Government
Social and Affordable Housing Data
267. To ask the Minister for Housing, Planning, Community and Local Government if he will provide data (details supplied) on the projected cost of construction of social housing, excluding in all cases the cost of land procurement. [37043/16]
In relation to information sought for averages of various social housing costs, the following are the relevant figures based on current unit cost ceiling data prepared from tender returns utilised within my Department.
- average cost per square meter of social housing construction in Dublin = €2,046;
- average cost per square meter of social housing construction outside of Dublin= €1,524.
The average cost of construction of various housing units including all works within the site curtilage and a contribution towards development of common areas of the overall development (footpaths, roads, lighting etc), are as follows:
- 2-bed social housing unit in Dublin = €191,850;
- 2-bed social housing unit outside of Dublin= €141,445;
- 3-bed social housing unit in Dublin= €205,250;
- 3-bed social housing unit outside of Dublin = €154,560.