Written answers

Thursday, 4 December 2014

Department of Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation

Licence Applications

Photo of Brendan GriffinBrendan Griffin (Kerry South, Fine Gael)
Link to this: Individually | In context | Oireachtas source

87. To ask the Minister for Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation the position regarding a commercial practice (details supplied); and if he will make a statement on the matter. [46613/14]

Photo of Richard BrutonRichard Bruton (Dublin North Central, Fine Gael)
Link to this: Individually | In context | Oireachtas source

The only licences which are issued by my Department for the sale of goods relate to Occasional Trading Licences under the Occasional Trading Act 1979. I also have policy responsibility for the Casual Trading Act 1995 but casual trading licences under that Act are issued by the relevant local authorities. Given the nature of the cash-and-carry or wholesale business, neither of the aforementioned legislative provisions is likely to be utilised by those businesses. However, some specific licences are required which are outside the remit of my Department. For example, a Wholesale Dealer’s Licence is required from the Revenue Commissioners to sell alcohol in bulk quantities while, depending on the nature of the wholesale business, a Road Haulage Operator Licence may be required from the Road Safety Authority.


No comments

Log in or join to post a public comment.