Written answers

Thursday, 20 December 2012

Department of Health

Hospital Complaints

Photo of John McGuinnessJohn McGuinness (Carlow-Kilkenny, Fianna Fail)
Link to this: Individually | In context | Oireachtas source

To ask the Minister for Health his response to a complaint regarding the care of a person (details supplied) in County Kilkenny; if he has investigated this complaint; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [57432/12]

Photo of James ReillyJames Reilly (Dublin North, Fine Gael)
Link to this: Individually | In context | Oireachtas source

I have asked the HSE to reply directly to the Deputy in this matter. With regard to specific complaints, a formal complaints policy exists, details of which are available on the HSE website: www.hse.ie. In addition, advice and instructions for making complaints about a service or an individual may be found at the website: www.healthcomplaints.ie. In accordance with this procedure, a complaint should be made in the first instance to the hospital in which the incident causing the complaint occurred. If an individual is not satisfied with the response from the hospital, a review can be sought from the HSE Director of Advocacy, Oak House, Millennium Park, Naas, Co. Kildare, or the Office of the Ombudsman, 18 Lower Leeson Street, Dublin 2.


No comments

Log in or join to post a public comment.