Written answers

Tuesday, 21 February 2012

Department of Justice, Equality and Defence

Residency Permits

9:00 pm

Photo of Alan FarrellAlan Farrell (Dublin North, Fine Gael)
Link to this: Individually | In context

Question 499: To ask the Minister for Justice and Equality if it is possible for an adult Chinese national, currently in Ireland on a D visit visa, to apply for permanent residency here; if so, the channels they must go through; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [9202/12]

Photo of Alan ShatterAlan Shatter (Minister, Department of Justice, Equality and Defence; Dublin South, Fine Gael)
Link to this: Individually | In context

In the absence of the details of this particular case it is difficult to give a precise answer to the Deputy's question. However, I would suggest that the person concerned contact the General Immigration Division, Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service (INIS), 13/14 Burgh Quay, Dublin 2 to discuss their particular case. Information is also available on the INIS website www.inis.ie.

Queries in relation to the status of individual immigration cases may be made directly to INIS by e-mail using the Oireachtas Mail facility which has been specifically established for this purpose. This service enables up to date information on such cases to be obtained without the need to seek information by way of the Parliamentary Questions process. The Deputy may consider using the e-mail service except in cases where the response from INIS is, in the Deputy's view, inadequate or too long awaited.


No comments

Log in or join to post a public comment.