Written answers

Thursday, 17 February 2005

Department of Justice, Equality and Law Reform

Residency Permits

5:00 pm

Photo of Jim O'KeeffeJim O'Keeffe (Cork South West, Fine Gael)
Link to this: Individually | In context

Question 126: To ask the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform if a person who, due to having British grandparents, has been issued with an ancestry visa, which entitles them to reside and work in the UK is, as a consequence also entitled to live and work here without further formalities, permission or a work permit; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [5371/05]

Photo of Michael McDowellMichael McDowell (Dublin South East, Progressive Democrats)
Link to this: Individually | In context

A non-EEA national who has permission to remain in the United Kingdom requires a separate visa before entering Ireland. The benefits of the common travel area are reserved for British and Irish citizens.


No comments

Log in or join to post a public comment.