This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Commonage Land, Agriculture Scheme Appeals, Vaccination Programme, Turf Cutting Compensation Scheme Data, Turf Cutting Compensation Scheme
(based on written questions asked by Michael Fitzmaurice and answered by departments)
- Mortgage Arrears Resolution (Family Home) Bill 2017: Second Stage [Private Members] (12 Jul 2017)
“I welcome the opportunity to speak on this Bill. Nearly 17 or 18 months ago, we sat down for 80 days of Government formation talks. The first issue that was agreed at those talks - the then Minister, Deputy Noonan, brought it to Revenue and it was given the green light - was for a one-stop-shop to be established for people whose homes were being repossessed and for legislation to be...”
- Ministers and Secretaries (Amendment) Bill 2017: Second Stage (12 Jul 2017)
“I welcome the opportunity to speak on the Bill. I wish the Minister, Deputy Ring, the best of luck in his new Department. He comes from rural Ireland. He needs all guns blazing and every Department working with him. He will need plenty of armour because he is taking on a difficult portfolio. No Member should say that it is going to be simple. Rural Ireland has some great aspects but...”
- Joint Oireachtas Committee on Transport, Tourism and Sport: Rugby World Cup 2023: Discussion (12 Jul 2017)
“I welcome this bid. I believe that everyone in the Dáil, the Seanad and across Ireland supports it. I know the Minister may not be able to give certain details. He expects to make money from this, but is there a top figure we are willing to spend in order that we are not completely exposed to an open chequebook? It is great to see Páirc Uí Chaoimh with a new facility, as...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 68 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 313 written questions in the last year — above average among TDs.
- People have made 0 comments on this TD's speeches — average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 13–14 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 14 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Michael Fitzmaurice speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 167 times in debates — average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register