This data was produced from a variety of sources.
No data to display yet.
Committees and topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Subjects (based on headings added by the Dáil record): Animal Welfare, Human Rights Issues, Prisoner Data, Dormant Accounts Fund, National Monuments
(based on written questions asked by Maureen O'Sullivan and answered by departments)
- Community Policing and Rural Crime: Motion (20 Jun 2019)
“The title of the report is Report on Community Policing and Rural Crime. It has been a welcome report but looking at the title, I am not sure if it is helpful to distinguish between rural and urban crime because crime is crime. I read today that the armed response unit is on the streets of Longford and the north inner city of Dublin has seen the armed response unit on our streets quite a...”
- Gaming and Lotteries (Amendment) Bill 2019 [Seanad]: Second Stage (Resumed) (19 Jun 2019)
“I am sharing time with Deputy Pringle. I acknowledge the active engagement of the Minister of State on the issue of gambling and I am aware of the many individuals and groups he has met in that capacity. There is frustration at the slowness of the process to update the legislation and make it relevant to the reality of gambling and take it further. The Bill before us is in the context...”
- Pre-European Council Meeting: Statements (Resumed) (19 Jun 2019)
“As part of the strategic agenda, there is a statement about protecting citizens and freedoms. We should examine how Europe protects migrants and their freedoms. The Tánaiste was emphatic yesterday that it is not EU policy to return migrants to Libya and its detention centres, yet that is where some migrants end up. As well as being sent to the detention centres in Libya with their...”
These statistics are updated only each weekend. Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.More about this)
- Has spoken in 119 committee discussions and Dáil debates in the last year — well above average among TDs.
- Has received answers to 338 written questions in the last year — above average among TDs.
- People have made 6 comments on this TD's speeches — well above average among TDs.
- This TD's speeches, in the printed record, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 75 people are tracking whenever this TD speaks — email me whenever Maureen O'Sullivan speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "public-private partnership") 712 times in debates — above average among TDs.
(Yes, this is a silly statistic. We include it to draw your attention to why you should read more than just these numbers when forming opinions.)
Register of Members' Interests
Register last updated: 11 Mar 2015. More about the Register