Wednesday, 15 November 2023
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10:30:00
- Gnó an tSeanaid - Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have received notice from the following Senators that they propose to raise the following matters: Senator Lisa Chambers - The need for the Minister for Tourism, Culture, Arts, Gaeltacht,...
- Nithe i dtosach suíonna - Commencement Matters (0 speeches)
- Tourism Industry (4 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Calleary, to the Chamber. I want to discuss an issue that I have raised in the House before, that is, the level of bed nights contracted by the Government...
- Heritage Sites (4 speeches)
My matter relates to Corlea Trackway Visitor Centre in Keenagh, County Longford and the monastic site on Inchclearaun in Lough Ree. Corlea Trackway is a 2,000 year old Iron Age highway, which...
- Teacher Training (4 speeches)
The Minister of State is very welcome to the House. I am seeking departmental support on this issue of recognition and acknowledgement for teachers who graduated prior to 1974, most of whom have...
- Human Rights (4 speeches)
Cuirim fáilte roimh an Aire Stáit. I want to raise Ireland's relationship with Hong Kong and, in particular, the continued crackdown by the Chinese communist party not just of...
- Legislative Process (6 speeches)
The Minister of State is very welcome and I thank him for taking this matter. I got an email of apology from the Department of Health regarding this, as it is a very important matter. I have no...
- Housing Provision (4 speeches)
I thank the Minister of State for coming to deal with this Commencement matter, as it comes under his Department. I have been concerned for a long time that Housing for All is not as dedicated...
- Gnó an tSeanaid - Business of Seanad (2 speeches)
Before I ask the Acting Leader to outline the Order of Business, on behalf of the Seanad, I extend a céad míle fáilte and take the opportunity to congratulate Latvia and its people...
- An tOrd Gnó - Order of Business (32 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, Domestic, Sexual and Gender-Based Violence Agency Bill 2023 – Second Stage, to be taken at 1.15 p.m., with the time allocated to the opening remarks of the...
- Civil Legal Aid (Neighbours’ Dispute Mediation Services) Bill 2023: First Stage (4 speeches)
I move: That leave be granted to introduce a Bill entitled an Act to amend and extend the Civil Legal Aid Act 1995 and to provide for related matters.
- Domestic, Sexual and Gender-Based Violence Agency Bill 2023: Second Stage (14 speeches)
Question proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Garda Síochána (Recording Devices) Bill 2022: Report and Final Stages [Resumed] (59 speeches)
Amendments Nos. 15, 16, 34, 35, 38, 39, 72, 73, 75, 76, 81 and 82 are related and may be discussed together by agreement. Is that agreed? Agreed.
- Vacant and Derelict Buildings: Motion [Private Members] (25 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Noonan, to the House.
- Teachtaireacht ón Dáil - Message from Dáil (1 speech)
Dáil Éireann has agreed to the amendments made by Seanad Éireann to the Energy (Windfall Gains in the Energy Sector) (Cap on Market Revenues) Bill 2023.
- Energy (Windfall Gains in the Energy Sector) (Cap on Market Revenues) Bill 2023: Motion for Earlier Signature (1 speech)
I move: That pursuant to subsection 2° of section 2 of Article 25 of the Constitution, Seanad Éireann concurs with the Government in a request to the President to sign the Windfall...