Wednesday, 8 November 2023
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10:30:00
- Gnó an tSeanaid - Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have received notice from the following Senators that they propose to raise the following matters: Senators Aisling Dolan and Eugene Murphy – The need for the Minister for Further and...
- Nithe i dtosach suíonna - Commencement Matters (0 speeches)
- Apprenticeship Programmes (9 speeches)
I welcome the Minister, Deputy Harris. It is great to have the line Minister in the House. I thank him for making time to be here this morning for this Commencement matter.
- Court Accommodation (9 speeches)
The Minister of State is very welcome. I realise this is not his Department so I appreciate his taking the time to come and answer this on behalf of the Minister for Justice. My Commencement...
- Family Reunification (5 speeches)
I thank the Minister of State for coming in. I want to be as quick as I can. I am asking that the Department and the Minister for Justice adopt an urgent, pragmatic, family centred approach to...
- An tOrd Gnó - Order of Business (21 speeches)
Before I call the Leader, I welcome Ann-Marie Ronan from Cork, who is here with her dad, I think. I met Ms Ronan earlier. They are very welcome to Leinster House. I hope they have a pleasant...
- Garda Síochána (Recording Devices) Bill 2022: Motion to Recommit (2 speeches)
I welcome the Minister, Deputy McEntee, and her officials. As we begin proceedings, I welcome the Edmund Rice active retirement group all the way from Waterford. They are here as guests of the...
- Garda Síochána (Recording Devices) Bill 2022: Report and Final Stages (88 speeches)
For the information of Members, please note that the House, by agreeing to the motion to recommit, allows a Committee Stage-style discussion on amendments Nos. 57 and 61 only. That is, Members...
- Electricity Costs (Emergency Measures) Domestic Accounts Bill 2023: Second Stage (10 speeches)
Question proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Electricity Costs (Emergency Measures) Domestic Accounts Bill 2023: Committee and Remaining Stages (20 speeches)
Amendments Nos. 1 to 3, inclusive, in the names of Senators Boylan, Gavan, Ó Donnghaile and Warfield have been ruled out of order as they involve a potential charge on the Revenue.
- Electricity Costs (Emergency Measures) Domestic Accounts Bill 2023: Motion for Earlier Signature (1 speech)
I move: That, pursuant to subsection 2° of section 2 of Article 25 of the Constitution, Seanad Éireann concurs with the Government in a request to the President to sign the...
- Ban on Dumping New Products Bill 2022: Committee Stage (17 speeches)